|MAINTENANCE GARDENER POSITION
Reports to: Foreperson, Lead Hand
Works Daily with: Foreperson, Lead Hand
The Position Background: Our Gardeners are an important part of our Service Delivery team. They are aligned with who we are and where we are going as a company. At MSL, our Gardeners are interested in caring for plants and turf. They love working outdoors and are eager to continually learn better and broader skills.
The Gardeners' Role: This position plays an important role in our Garden Management Service. Our Gardeners are eager to follow verbal instructions from their Team Lead and Foreperson. They like to collaborate and pull together as a team to complete projects on time and are keen to learn deeper and broader skills while on the job. Our Gardeners have a flair for tidiness, and are observant, noticing when something is untidy or not looking its' best.
The Gardeners' Responsibilities Are:
- Willingly assist teammates with both a wide range of gardening and soft landscaping tasks as well as daily work preparation tasks
- Carefully and safely operate power equipment required to perform a professional level of gardening and planting services.
- To assist with materials organization and basic equipment maintenance when asked
- Wear appropriate PPE at all times and comply with all company policies and regulations
- To be inquisitive and willing to learn better and new skills across our service offerings
- To conduct his/herself in a courteous manner, respecting client privacy and property
The Results We See From A Great Gardener:
- Willing collaboration both on job sites and at our Yard
- An absence of injury, near misses or accidents, while providing our services as expected by clients
- Consistent contribution to well organized and maintained tools, equipment and materials - and their storage.
- Full compliance with the Company Health and Safety procedures and Company policies
- A team player who constantly is up-leveling their skills and talent
- Our quality-founded Professional brand is consistently brought to life with his/her behaviour
Our Mission is:
To install creative and attractive solutions to our clients landscape challenges while always trying to achieve a higher standard and to be known as the most professional landscape contractor with the highest rate of satisfaction in the Orillia area.
Our Core Values are:
Good Attitude - personal fulfillment, humour, tolerance, adaptability and respect
Professionalism - perception, customer relations
Excellence - workmanship, clean site, etc.
Satisfaction - customer emotionally satisfied, you are proud of your work
Progress - Innovation, new markets, change with trends
Our business is built on respect and we strive to support the dignity of our employees, customers, vendors and other stakeholders. We are only successful when our customers receive the highest quality service and our employees have opportunities to achieve their goals and use their potential.
Salary & Benefits:
• Overtime Paid after 44 hours
• No Weekend Work
• Paid Training and Development
• RSP Match Program after one season of employment
- Professional Landscape Maintenance Experience would be an asset
- Proven interest in working outside every day and in different locations
- Valid First Aid Certificate is an asset
- G License and/or a reliable method of reporting to our yard on time daily
MAINTENANCE GARDENER POSITION - CONT'D
Gardeners' Required Skills:
- Some landscape maintenance ability and equipment proficiency (mowers, trimmers, blowers,)
- Some experience recognizing common landscape plants is preferred.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions and willingness to learn and adapt to change quickly
- Ability to safely and respectfully operate all equipment as required
The Gardeners' Personal Traits:
- Passionate about working outside and with plants
- Dependable and considerate
- Enjoys the challenge of learning new skills at work
- Respectful (to others, of policies, with equipment)
- Enjoys an active lifestyle and being physically fit
Hours of Work:
April through November: Mon-Fri 7am - 5:30pm.
Equipment Operation / Tool Competency List
Lawn mowers, trimmers, blowers etc.