Welcome To Big Erics Inc. - Applying For The Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager Position
Big Erics is celebrating 75 years in business!
As a proudly family-owned and female lead company, Big Erics employs a diverse workforce throughout the Atlantic Region while working to serve customer needs across North America. With commercial/retail locations in Halifax and St. John's, and sales reps throughout the Atlantic region, our experienced team is committed to providing quality products, value-added services, and the latest innovations to support our customers' success. We are a leader in end-to-end product and serviced based solutions spanning food preparation and service, food safety, facilities maintenance, cleaning, and sanitation.
For more information on Big Erics visit http://bigerics.com
What makes Big Erics a great place to work?
Our Employees and our Customers!
Big Erics is proud to be a leading distributor of supplies, equipment, and industrial chemicals for the food service, janitorial, sanitation, confectionary, and manufacturing sectors in Atlantic Canada.
Our leadership team is focused on attracting and retaining the best talent in the region. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, we are currently looking for a permanent full time Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager currently working in a hybrid work situation, a mix of remote and onsite at our Dartmouth office (work may return to 100% onsite in the future). We are centrally located in Burnside, have free on-site parking, offer a competitive salary, group benefits plan, pension plan, and an employee purchasing discount.
If you have up to date knowledge of accounting practices and are a highly analytical, organized and detail focused problem solver that goes the extra mile, please join our team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Planning, setting up, posting and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations within the accounting system (SAP).
- Preparing financial information and analysis for the overall business including relevant information for other managers and departments to aid in financial awareness and tactical planning.
- Examining accounting records and preparing financial statements, general ledgers, account reconciliations, tax compliance and report; researching accounting issues for compliance
- Developing and maintaining cost finding, reporting and internal control procedures; preparing and maintaining a monthly closing schedule and reconciliation schedule
- Providing business analysis to support our sales and inventory targets by reviewing and analyzing all account variances to budget and prior year; loading company budgets into SAP
- Completing and distributing KPI report and other accounting reports; month end posting all GL journal entries and excel consolidation of Big Erics income statements and balance sheet
- Preparing timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; maintaining the general ledger system; assisting with regulatory reporting as applicable
- Preparing bank reconciliations; reviewing cycle counts conducted by operations
- Participating in the year-end financial statement preparations and budgeting processes
- Reviewing and approving sale orders and obtaining payment where required
- Other duties to be assigned commensurate with experience, capacity and performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Accounting designation (CMA, CPA, CGA or CA), and a minimum of 5 years experience or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience in preparing closing and financial statements from start to finish
- Experience in a sales organization or high transactional type business would be an asset
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) skills in a major operational and accounting system
- Strong computer skills at an intermediate or higher level (Microsoft Suite, Ceridian, SAP/ERP systems); superior excel skills
- Motivated professional that can be a contributing team player and self sufficient to carry projects and initiatives to completion while working successfully with different departments and levels within the organization
- Demonstrated high degree of integrity, trust, discretion and sound judgment in the handling of confidential information
- Utilizing effective communication strategies with dealing with all stakeholders
- Strong mathematical, analytical and organizational skills with a focus on details and an ability to multi-task and prioritize to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to build relationships and offer superior customer service to internal and external customers
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and provide proof of full vaccination
To apply for this position, please click Apply Now submit your resume, answer all of the questions and complete your questionnaire.
Start Your Application