Welcome To Northstar Downhole Specialists - Applying For The Field Engineer (USA) Position
The Northstar Field Engineer/Tech (NFE) position is both challenging and rewarding. The Field Engineer/Tech will be based out of our Casper, Wyoming shop, but will spend the majority of their time in the field on various US rig locations . In the field, the NFE will be working shoulder to shoulder with Northstar's experienced supervisors doing pre-job planning & test design, downhole tool operation, preparation & maintenance, and job reporting. The Field Engineer/Tech will be on-call 24/7 for field work must have the physical and mental stamina to execute this role, make critical decisions under pressure, and work long hours.
This position will expose the Field Engineer to all aspects of Northstar's business including:
- Field Operations
- Quality Management Systems
- Design Engineering
- Technical Sales
The candidate's primary responsibilities will include:
- Equipment Preparation.
- Oversee the preparation (function and pressure testing) of the equipment prior to use.
- Pre-job Planning and Job Execution.
- Equipment selection, dispatching to the site, Making up and running tools, well test execution as per program, break out and laying down equipment.
- Report and Analysis.
- Data collection, reporting of well test results.
- Equipment Maintenance.
- Servicing (break down, rebuild) equipment according to Work Instructions and Maintenance documentation requirements.
- Enforce QHSE policies and guidelines, with an emphasis on routine inspections.
- Equipment and Spares Inventory.
- Ensure accurate inventory for the field location is maintained and appropriate number of spares are on hand.
- Rotational Lead Roles.
- Operations Support, HSE, Quality Management (ISO 9001), Manufacturing/Procurement support, shop coordinator, Design Engineering, and Training.
- Well Test Design. Liaise with client to design the testing program and tool configurations.
- Coordinating domestic shipments
- Shop Duties as Required
Start Your Application
- Engineering Degree or Diploma in Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Problem Solving and Strategic Thinking skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Teamwork Skills
- Physical ability to routinely lift heavy parts (less than 50lbs)
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors, in a variety of climates
- Operating company equipment (vehicles, forklift, overhead cranes)
- Safely working on and around drilling rigs, warehouses, heavy equipment
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills.
- Must be Fit for Duty
- Valid driver's license
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Fluency in English language