Electrical Mentor – Apprentice Support in Ontario
Support Ontario Youth (SOY), a registered charitable organization, is a group sponsor of apprentices. We are looking for an experienced journeyman electrician to work with apprentices during their apprenticeship as an independent advisor. As the Electrical Mentor, you will have regular contact with the apprentices to discuss their progress and address any issues that they may be having whether technical or other. The position is based on a maximum of 80 hours per month and is home based.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Regular communication with apprentices to track progress (competencies and hours)
· Advise apprentices on work related issues
· Assist with technical issues when encountered whether on the job or during school
· Report any non-resolved issues to Program Manager for additional support
· Identify areas for improvement within the group sponsor program
· Participate in interviews and skills assessments of potential new apprentices
· If required, visit apprentices in person to address any issues
· Document all communications
· Attend monthly apprentice orientation webinar and staff meeting
· Attend, SOY functions and other outreach events
· Attend SOY Local Apprenticeship Committee meetings as needed
· Valid 309A license and in member in good standing with Ontario College of Trades
· Valid drivers license
· Current with Codes and Standards, Ontario Electrical Safety Code, Lock-out/Tag-out (Z460), Arc-Flash (Z462)
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and solve problems
· Attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Previous experience training apprentices
· Able to dedicate time to mentor apprentices and willing or able to participate in various events.
Compensation to be discussed
How to apply:
Click on the link to complete an online application AND assessment: https://bit.ly/3q97ouU
1. Attach a detailed cover letter and resume.
We will ONLY be in touch with candidates who qualify for the positions. We wish all applicants success.
Start Your Application