Job Location: Burnside
Job Title: Communications Assistant
The Nova Scotia Nurses’ Union is a professional union and the bargaining agent for close to 8000 registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and nurse practitioners in the province.
To keep pace with the NSNU’s robust communications commitment to our members and health care stakeholders, the organization is seeking to fill a fulltime Communications Assistant position.
The successful candidate must have completed a post-secondary education in communications, public relations or a related discipline from a recognized educational institution. Work experience in a related professional environment is preferred.
Applicants must be organized and possess excellent time-management skills, with the ability to multitask. We are seeking a creative individual who can adapt to various environments, work independently and prioritize tasks.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Solid understanding of public relations /communications tactics
• Experience working with website content management systems and other applications
• Advanced social media content creator and monitor
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, presentation software and other digital tools
• Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite
• Proficiency or interest in video recording and editing will be considered an asset
The NSNU offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Start Your Application