Welcome To PRAXES Medical Group - Applying For The Accounting Administrator Position
PRAXES is an innovative tele-medicine company, headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, that is changing how medical care is delivered in Canada and in remote places around the world. PRAXES is in growth mode, expanding our client base to new markets in Canada and internationally, and so we need an Accounting Administrator to help manage our expanding business!
We have a detailed hiring process to make sure that anyone we hire is a good fit with our team and will align with PRAXES values, which are:
- Be AGILE - Creative, evolving, adapting, curious, flexible, innovative, challenging status quo
- Be EFFECTIVE - Deliver quality medical services that add real value for our customers, including patients, employers and healthcare providers.
- Act with INTEGRITY - Have trusting, compassionate and caring relationships, with co-workers, partners, shareholders and patients. Do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
We are a 24/7 company, so we cannot have a '9 to 5' mentality. While our team members generally work regular business hours, there will be occasions where working outside of the conventional schedule will be required. We trust our staff to make best use of their time to manage the multiple demands of work and life, and with consideration for their colleagues and the needs of our clients.
- Must be self-motivated, tenacious, and resourceful.
- Organized and efficient; someone who loves managing the details, and doesn’t let anything fall through the cracks.
- Be flexible enough to know that in an entrepreneurial business, priorities can shift immediately and often.
- High energy, pleasant, and helpful personality.
- Good communicator, in writing and in person. Be patient, professional and helpful with customers at all times.
- Interested in healthcare and maintains a healthy lifestyle.
- Loves to learn new technologies.
- “Whatever it takes” attitude
- Passion - fire in the eyes
- Team player but demonstrate ability to work autonomously
- Detail oriented yet can grasp the big picture
Knowledge and Skills:
- Need to have:
- 2-3 years prior job experience in Accounting, Finance, or other related field
- Advanced knowledge and previous experience using Microsoft Excel
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Nice to have:
- Enrollment in Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) program would be considered an asset
- Experience using QuickBooks and Sage 50
- Experience processing payroll
Start Your Application
- Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and People, the Accounting Administrator will be responsible for:
- Performing bank reconciliations for multiple bank accounts
- Processing monthly journal entries and accruals
- Assisting with financial reporting by providing variance explanations and analyzing key ratios
- Converting work orders and timesheets into sales invoices, as well as generating any recurring invoices for clients
- Processing cheque and credit card payments, as well as following up on outstanding accounts
- Entering and tracking expenses and issuing vendor payments
- Assisting with creating company and departmental budgets and forecasts
- Assisting with payroll and timesheet processing