Are you looking for an opportunity where you can flex your HR skills while being a part of a team that you love to work with?
Are you an energetic HR professional who enjoys seeing team relationships grow and strengthen?
Are you looking for a place where you will be rewarded, recognized and your daily efforts make a difference?
At Curbz Landscaping, we not only design and build rockstar custom outdoor urban landscape designs and features, but we have a blast while we do it. We're committed to learning and continuous growth within the Company. We foster a great culture of people who want to work hard and produce outstanding results. For us, culture is paramount.
We are looking for an HR Coordinator who wants to join our growing team. The Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for developing, implementing, and administering the HR programs and strategies at Curbz Landscaping. The responsibilities include full-cycle recruitment, onboarding, benefits administration, performance management and overseeing training and development and health and safety programs. The HR Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and communicating office activities, morning team activities in the yard and team communications. This position requires frequent on-site (construction site) visits where steel toe boots will be required.
List of Main Responsibilities
Recruitment (40% of Time)
• Update current recruitment processes and administer full-cycle recruitment activities
• Coordinate with Operations Manager to forecast future hiring needs to develop a pool of qualified candidates
• Develop a job posting strategy and ensure all job boards are kept up to date
• Ensure job descriptions, postings, and interview guides are up to date and relevant through interview preparation and management
• First point of contact for responding to phone and email inquiries from candidates
• Responsible for executing the recruitment flow process for screening and booking interviews with qualified candidates
• Complete pre-screening and lead interviews with the management team
• Complete reference checks
• Enhance company image by providing timely status updates with potential recruits, including following up with unsuccessful candidates
• Monitor retention of new hires and analyze turnover to improve the recruitment and retention strategy continuously
Onboarding (20% of Time)
• Ensure all hiring documentation is delivered, signed, and returned before the start date
• Prepare onboarding materials and set-ups, including training and policy information
• Ensure all documentation is up to date, that the file is complete and secured safely
• Plan and facilitate onsite orientation for new team members
Human Resources Administration (25% of Time)
• Advise on performance conversations with Supervisors and document disciplinary action
• Maintain confidential personnel files
• Address employee questions related to human resources
• Support the leadership team with administration of performance management program
• Update and implement company policies
• Monitor and ensure a safe work environment at all sites including yard
• Be a member of the JHSC
• Ensure staff comply with health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
• Manage the WSIB administration and experience
• Stay current on labour legislation and inform the leadership team about changes in regulations and standards
Team Engagement (15% of Time)
• Facilitate collaboration between team members to match the Company's vision, goals and objectives.
• Foster an energetic environment of positivity and excitement.
• Develop relationships to understand the pulse of the organization and understand underlying concerns and opportunities
• Participate, plan, and execute field staff incentives and events
• Meet the team at the yard in the mornings (as early as 6:30 am), ensure truck checks are completed by the team daily
• Intake team end of day reports (4 @ 4) and receipts
List of Key Qualifications
• Strong understanding of policy and legal compliance, including Human Rights legislation, ESA, MOL, and WSIB standards
• Up to date knowledge on new developments in employment law and employment legislation
• Confidence to take quick efforts towards independence
• Adaptable to changing priorities and focuses in an entrepreneurial environment
• Forward-thinker who loves to work towards the big picture and also has the discipline to accomplish the day-to-day tasks
• Positive and engaging individual who is relationship-driven and can orientate and set the energy of the team
• Excellent oral and written communication skills must maintain a professional manner and customer service mindset
• 2+ years work experience in Human Resources positions
• College or University education in HR Management or Business Administration or transferable skills related to the job role competencies
• 2+ years of proven expertise in a recruitment and talent management role
• Member with the HRPA an asset.
• Must have a valid Ontario Drivers License and be comfortable with daily travelto various local job sites
Additional Perks & Benefits
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer:
• Healthcare spending account
• Ongoing professional development opportunities
• Cell phone allowance
• Access to company vehicle
• Solid "we got your back" support in a work hard, play hard environment
• Great parties with really cool people
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1st, 2021
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process; please let us know if you require a specific accommodation.Start Your Application