Welcome To Salisbury Landscaping - Applying For The Crew Leader/Foreperson Position
Salisbury Landscaping has been creating and installing landscape designs in the Edmonton area since 1993. We specialize in landscape design/build projects and place a high value on installation practices that go above industry standards.
We are looking for a driven and experienced Foreperson to join our team.
This position will be located in Edmonton, Alberta
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Foreperson is responsible for overseeing landscape jobs, monitoring and training new and existing workers on your crew, supervising the use of equipment and, ensuring staff are following proper safety guidelines and protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities
- View job with Designers, Project Manager and, Client
- Create a project plan for the installation of the job
- Ability to step in and take over a job at any stage
- Operate equipment required for the job
- Accountability for the quality of the job
- Troubleshoot issues that arise on the job and modify job in collaboration with Designer and Client
- Conduct daily morning toolbox meeting on site with crew
- Monitor and track progress of jobs and communicate status with Project Manager, Designer, and Client
- Mentor and coach new employees on installations tactics
- Ability to understand and read elevations (building walls, patios, etc.) and drainage on projects
- Complete required paperwork and purchase orders
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Responsibility to report and record safety incidents and near misses
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 5 years experience in building custom residential landscaping
- Minimum 3 years of leading a crew of 2-3 people
- Knowledge and skillset to install hardscapes such as patios, walkways, retaining wats, etc.
- Knowledge and skillset to install softscapes such as basework, planting, sodding, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and quality completion
- Strong oral communication skills
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
Start Your Application
- Competitive Compensation package