Welcome To Modern Earthscapes Land Design - Applying For The Horticultural Technician (Lead Hand) - Grounds Maintenance Team Position
We are an established Landscape Design / Build & Grounds Maintenance company located in Carrying Place, ON. We design, build & maintain beautiful and functional landscapes for our clients individual needs, tastes and lifestyles. With this goal in mind, we strive to promote, nurture and encourage a fun, safe, professional and rewarding company culture for all team members!
We are currently seeking out creative, self-motivated & purpose driven individuals with a great eye for detail to fill the following position:
Horticultural Technician (Lead Hand) – Grounds Maintenance Team
- Perform Spring and Fall lawn & garden clean-ups to both residential & commercial properties
- Perform plant & garden care and maintenance duties including: weeding, pruning, soil amending, installation of mulches and seasonal fertilizers, soil cultivating (when required) and monitoring of plant material health on client properties
- Perform turf aerating, topdressing and overseeding, application of lawn fertilizers and monitoring of turf health on client properties
- Removal of brush and debris from client properties by truck and trailer
- Perform lawn mowing and line trimming to client properties & MELD business yard
- Responsible for the daily inspection, loading and care of maintenance tools and equipment as well as safe operation of company truck and trailers
- Responsible for keeping track of inventory and required maintenance equipment parts
- Responsible for the daily maintenance and care of tools and equipment in use, including mixing of fuel and refueling of equipment as required
- Responsible for the completion of daily work description logs and accurate record keeping
- Responsible to comply, encourage and enforce all of the company’s Health & Safety policies and procedures.
Required Work Experience
- Post-secondary diploma, GED or equivalent
- Apprenticeship or other formal training in the landscape/horticultural field an asset
- 2+ years’ experience in landscape / garden maintenance duties, greenhouse operations, arboriculture or landscape construction duties preferred
- Proficient knowledge of common trees, shrubs and perennials found in Ontario, as well as their habit and care.
- Proficient knowledge of pruning & shaping of trees and shrubs
- Ability to follow instruction and work independently
- Excellent hand / eye co-ordination and an eye for detail
- Previous experience in operating small, gas powered equipment such as cut-off saws, ride-on or “zero turn” mowers, push mowers, line trimmers and rototillers an asset
- Excellent work ethic
- Physically fit / energetic
- Able to lift and transport weight of up to 50lbs on a daily / weekly bases
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn new skills
- Excellent customer service skills, and a good communicator
- Work under stringent time constraints
- Able to work in, and cope with ever changing weather and climatic conditions
- Work independently or in a team environment
- Working outdoors in all-weather environments including heat, humidity, dust, mud, noise from power equipment, wind and cold.
- Working near or around heavy equipment from time to time
- Flexible work times and schedules, occasionally work on Saturdays (when and if required)
Rate of Pay & Benefits:
- Wage range is $18.00 - $21.00 / hr, based on qualifications and experience.
- Performance bonuses and incentives
- Company uniforms supplied.
- Merchant & clothing discounts
- Offer Apprenticeship Training as an approved Horticultural Technician Apprenticeship Program Sponsor.
We offer competitive wages and a chance for advancement within the company as well as personal growth within the industry through the Red Seal Apprenticeship Programs, industry training seminars and Certification Programs offered by the Canadian Nursery Landscape Association (CNLA) and Landscape Ontario Horticultural Trades Association (LO) and the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute. (ICPI)
We want thank all applicants for showing interest in the position. Only applicants selected for a follow-up interview will be contacted.
Start Your Application