Welcome To Modern Earthscapes Land Design - Applying For The Landscape Technician (team member) - Landscape Construction Team Position
We are an established Landscape Design / Build & Grounds Maintenance company located in Carrying Place, ON. We design, build & maintain beautiful and functional landscapes for our clients individual needs, tastes and lifestyles. With this goal in mind, we strive to promote, nurture and encourage a fun, safe, professional and rewarding company culture for all team members!
We are currently seeking out creative, self-motivated & purpose driven individuals with a great eye for detail to fill the following position:
Landscape Technician (team member) – Landscape Construction Team
- Assist hardscape team in all day to day tasks related to hardscape / landscape construction to both residential & commercial properties
- Assist hardscape team in site preparations, topsoil installation, site grading, seeding & sodding
- Assist in the preparation & construction of Interlocking Concrete Paver walkways, pathways, patios, pool surrounds and driveways to both residential & commercial properties
- Assist in the preparation and construction of flagstone walkways, pathways, patios, pool surrounds to both residential & commercial properties
- Assist in the preparation and construction of both Natural Stone & Pre-cast Segmental retaining walls and garden walls, seating walls, pillars and other vertical features
- Assist in all aspects of preparation and installation of water features such as ponds, streams and waterfalls
- Removal of brush and debris from client properties by truck and trailer
- Assist in excavations & removal of surface soils and subsoils by hand, backhoe / loader, mini excavator or skid steer.
- Assist in the construction of wood landscape features such as fences, pergolas, gazebos and decks
- Assist in the daily inspection, loading and care of construction tools and equipment
- Assist in keeping track of inventory and required construction equipment parts & materials
- Responsible for the daily maintenance and care of construction tools and equipment in use, including mixing of fuel and refueling of equipment as required
- Responsible to comply, encourage and enforce all of the company’s Health & Safety policies and procedures.
Required Work Experience
- Post-secondary diploma, GED or equivalent
- Apprenticeship or other formal training in the landscape/horticultural field an asset
- 1+ years’ experience in landscape / garden maintenance duties, greenhouse operations, arboriculture or landscape construction or related duties is preferred
- Proficient in the operation of excavation equipment such as mini excavators, skid steers, compact loaders or equivalent. (training provided)
- Proficient in the operation of small gas powered equipment such as Plate Tampers, Plate Rammers, Concrete Saws, Chain Saws and Jack Hammers etc. (training provided)
- Ability to follow instruction and work independently
- Excellent hand / eye co-ordination and an eye for detail
- Previous experience in operating small, gas powered equipment such as cut-off saws, ride-on or “zero turn” mowers, push mowers, line trimmers and rototillers an asset
- Excellent work ethic
- Physically fit / energetic
- Able to lift and transport weight of up to 50lbs on a daily / weekly bases
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn new skills
- Excellent customer service skills, and a good communicator
- Work under stringent time constraints
- Able to work in, and cope with ever changing weather and climatic conditions
- Work independently or in a team environment
- Working outdoors in all-weather environments including heat, humidity, dust, mud, noise from power equipment, wind and cold.
- Working near or around heavy equipment on a regular bases
- Flexible work times and schedules, occasionally work on Saturdays (when and if required)
Rate of Pay & Benefits:
- Wage range is $17.00 - $23.00 / hr, based on qualifications and experience.
- Performance bonuses and incentives
- Company uniforms supplied.
- Merchant & clothing discounts
- Offer Apprenticeship Training as an approved Horticultural Technician Apprenticeship Program Sponsor.
- Industry Equipment Training Opportunities
We offer competitive wages and a chance for advancement within the company as well as personal growth within the industry through the Red Seal Apprenticeship Programs, industry training seminars and Certification Programs offered by the Canadian Nursery Landscape Association (CNLA) and Landscape Ontario Horticultural Trades Association (LO) and the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute. (ICPI)
We want thank all applicants for showing interest in the position. Only applicants selected for a follow-up interview will be contacted.
Start Your Application