Welcome To Hillside Media Communications LTD - Applying For The Landscape Foreperson / Heavy Labourer Position
TORONTO – PARKDALE INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY
Landscape Construction Foreperson – Large Commercial Toronto Property
- Minimum 4 to 6 yrs experience doing heavy landscape work
- Willing to put safety first everyday
- Landscape Equipment Knowledge
- Must be excited to work hard everyday
- Excellent knowledge of both hard and soft landscaping
- Knowledge of landscape materials and installation is essential
- Strong understanding of plant care and maintenance
- Strong communication skills with the ability to maintain written time records, and bookkeeping.
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job
- Knowledge of turf and irrigation systems is essential
- Experience managing and hiring several crew members and subcontractors
- Experience in training and directing crew members with safety always in mind
- Good paperwork and book keeping skills
- Must be able to multi-task and work under pressure
- Adhere to deadlines
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to work Saturdays and late hours during the main season
- Must enjoy working in all weather and work with a high energy level
- Landscape / Horticulture diploma and / or certification is an asset however experience is fine
- At times you will be working by yourself planting, building, line trimming, keep equipment you use in perfect order.
· Clean the shop and truck, receive orders at the shop, and source job materials at suppliers within the city (Home Depot, Sheridan Nurseries, etc.).
- Safety Training will be provided.
This positions is an extended seasonal position, Mid-March through November, with the potential of continuing employment into the winter season.
During our peak season (April through November), hours will be of 44+ a week and you will need to be available for Saturday work.
Compensation will be based on experience work ethic and will be ALWAYS BE ABOVE $38-$42 per hour industry average.
Thank you to all candidates for their interest.
All interested Candidates can send their resumes to:
Start Your Application