Welcome To Sheridan Nurseries Limited - Applying For The Landscape Service and Installation Assistants Position
About the Job:
Our Commercial Solutions division is growing, and we are looking to build our team! Based in Georgetown, Ontario, this position involves landscape and custom design installations for our corporate guests in the GTA and Waterloo Region. This is a seasonal contract position with a target start date of April 2022.
- Working as part of the Commercial Solutions team to support landscape and custom design installations and activations in the Greater Toronto Area and Waterloo Region.
- Providing landscape services, installations and custom designs, including corporate containers/urns, and planting beds.
- Product delivery, off-site installation, plant maintenance, and guest interactions.
- Receiving and maintenance of live product at our facility in Georgetown.
- Pulling and staging of product orders for our clients.
- Actively seek to increase knowledge base of Sheridan products and services.
- Contribute to a safe work environment by observing health and safety best practices and protocols, hazard reporting, and leading by example.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- You are an energetic self-starter who is willing to grow as our business grows.
- Previous experience with landscaping services and installations.
- Experience with custom designs utilizing plant material is an asset.
- Knowledge of interior tropical and house plants as well as seasonal annuals is an asset.
- Must have a valid G license and reliable transportation to our Head Office in Georgetown and various job sites throughout the GTA (Note: all personal vehicle expenses for business purposes will be reimbursed).
- Existing product knowledge or ability to learn.
- Passion for the industry and guest service.
- Effective time management, with the ability to adapt and prioritize multiple tasks and situations.
- Highly adaptable, with an ability to take direction and work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- You are punctual and dependable, and highly value honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Flexibility to work full-time from Monday-Friday in a variety of job locations, with additional availability for evenings and weekends as seasonal peaks require.
- This job requires extended periods of walking and standing, with bending and squatting required at various times. Must have the ability to lift 50lbs and work in various weather conditions and environments.
- Please be advised that being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 is a condition of employment (subject to any accommodation required under the Ontario Human Rights Code).
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
Start Your Application