Walla Walla Tasting Room Server
Walla Walla, WA
Here at Yellowhawk Resort, we are unveiling an exciting new concept in a well-established space among the Southside wineries. We are looking for an enthusiastic Tasting Room server to join our team and be a part of Walla Walla's premier sparkling house. If you love bubbles and hospitality, please apply! Cover letters strongly encouraged.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Professional attitude and strong work ethic
• Available and willing to work weekend shifts and/or holidays
• Interest in/passion for wine and the wine industry
• Ability to take direction, learn quickly, be a brand ambassador
• Must be able to lift 40+ pounds (a case of wine)
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Must be 21 years of age
• MAST and Food Handlers permit required prior to commencing employment
• Experience in a Tasting Room environment/wine knowledge are a bonus
• Serving experience required
• Ensure all visitors are greeted and receive a positive and memorable wine tasting experience
• Conduct tastings and provide wine education and winery history
• Take and manage food orders, following proper steps of service
• Promote and facilitate the sale of wine and wine club membership
• Set-up and break down tasting room
• Cleaning of the tasting room patio, indoor space, bathrooms, glassware, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
Job Type: Part-Full-Time
Server | Commission
Fulfilling the position of a Walla Walla Steak Co server requires in-depth knowledge in food, beverage, and wine as well as experience with the skills necessary to execute their service. Keen service, salesmanship, and prioritization of tasks, with a strict focus on meeting and exceeding the needs of the guest, is a must. Candidates must have the ability to accurately receive and enter food and beverage orders through the given POS system and must possess knowledge of fine-dining coursing with appropriate and timely steps of service. Efficiency in cash handling and payment processing are requirements. A server with Walla Walla Steak Co is responsible for 3-4 tables (as determined by management) and is lead in coordinating the needs of a section and communicating with front and back-of-the house. These duties are to be fulfilled while following Walla Walla Steak Co’s steps of service and striving toward guest satisfaction, retention, and loyalty through prompt and courteous service. Prior tableside experience is a plus. Our motto “We are ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen” is fundamental to our service philosophy and we ask that applicants for this position reflect that mindset.
• Competitive wages
• Growth potential
• Family meals
• Employee dining discount
• Medical (25+ hours/week)
• Dental (25+ hours/week)
• Vision (25+ hours/week)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) (all employees)
• 401k employer match (one year of service, and age 21)
• Sick Leave
Compensation| You will receive 15% commission on your individual gross sales (gross sales less comps); this amount is paid 100% to you and not shared with support staff. Any voluntary tips or gratuities (“bumps”) paid at the guests’ discretion are also paid entirely to you. The average earnings including commissions and bumps are $15.74-$25.00 hour; however, this rate is based on your gross sales and bumps, and as such may vary and is not guaranteed.
We also value our employees’ experience and are closed on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Christmas Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, 4th of July and Super bowl Sunday. We also value our employees’ experience and are closed on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Christmas Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, 4th of July and Super bowl Sunday.
Start Your Application