Welcome To Lamer Landscaping & Snowplowing Ltd - Applying For The Crew Leader/Foreperson - Landscape Construction Position
GROUNDS MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
Reports to: Owner
The Landscape Construction Supervisor is responsible for performing a variety of work tasks in order to manage the timely completion of landscape construction projects. The foreman will be required to supervise a crew of laborers and operate a variety of tools and equipment to carry out specified job tasks, as well provide daily progress reporting on job time and cost data.
- Customer and quality focus
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Responsibility and dependability
- Ethics and integrity
- Ability to use LMN via a smartphone
Manage the execution of construction projects, planning labor requirements, equipment requirements and material deliveries and timing to ensure completion of job(s) within project deadlines
Manage safety, quality and productivity of work at sites and/or shop/yard
Assist in the preparation of jobsites prior to the beginning of a project
Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the day to day work activities of a landscape construction crew.
Delegate job tasks to appropriate crew members to assist in the completion of landscape constructions
- Participate in recruitment activities by conducting secondary interviews with potential job candidates
- Conduct on-site orientations with new employees and employees in new positions, which cover all company health and safety policies, practices, and procedures
- Operate various tools and equipment, including: heavy equipment, chainsaws, jackhammers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
- Assist in the construction of walkways, patios, driveways, site grading, fences, decks, posts, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis
- Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings, and specifications to delegate/complete work activities
- Meet with subcontractors and supervise quality, efficiency, and deadlines
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a daily basis, including: daily site meeting logs, crew daily forms, equipment daily inspection forms, attendance tracking, time and materials billing summaries, requests for time off, etc.
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, jobsites, and shop/yard areas
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and that all crew members are in compliance with government and company PPE standards
- Enforce and work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations at shop/yard and on jobsites
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the landscape construction industry
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills – must be able to carry out verbal instructions, read labels and signs, complete daily reports to office and/or customers
- Time management skills
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
- Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Requires good manual dexterity
- Excellent stamina is required
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
- Flexible working hours including occasional weekend work
Rate of Pay & Benefits:
- Rate of pay is $22-26/hr. Paid according to experience
- Benefits and RSP matching are available for the right candidates.
Start Your Application
- Winter work avaliable for those who what to work with our snowplowing division.