Welcome To Matthew Gove & Co. - Applying For The Assistant Crew Leader Position
Matthew Gove & Co. - Assistant Crew Leader
At Matthew Gove & Co. we design, install and care for contemporary, naturalistic gardens in the Caledon and Orangeville area. We believe that working in beautiful, outdoor spaces is a rewarding, positive experience and we are looking to hire people who also love being outside, working with plants. We take pride in our personal and professional service. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining naturalistic gardens that improve our clients’ outdoor living spaces, providing them with opportunities to connect with nature.
Now in our eleventh year of business we are happy to be seeking a positive, and hardworking Assistant Crew Leader. The current available position is for 40hrs+/week, April to late November.
What does the job look like?
- Our growing company is looking to train the right candidate for a future Crew Leader position. As a Crew Leader assistant you would be learning the role of crew leader to eventually step into a leadership position, provide back up support to our current crew leader and on occasion, responsibly supervise the crew when the crew leader is unavailable.
- Organize and keep track of the tools required for the job and at times assist with LMN timesheet management and tracking schedules, properties visited, tasks completed and materials used.
- Learn to manage a crew of 2-3 people
- Follow the policies and procedures of our company, comply with safety regulations and represent company values
- Complete the maintenance and garden installation tasks with your crew, sometimes under the supervision of the Crew Leader and sometimes on-site without supervision, leading the team, depending on the day’s requirements
- Responsible for loading and unloading tools and equipment for each day’s tasks and projects
- Communicate professionally while on-site with clients and other trades
- Follow instructions and communicate to others the best practices for gardening from the Owner/Head Gardener
- On occasion, drive a dedicated work truck for the garden crew to specific properties throughout Caledon, Orangeville and Mono
What is required?
- 3-5 years experience of working in the landscape industry with garden specific knowledge and skills
- Ability to use power tools and hand tools properly
- Ability to drive a truck, have and maintain a Valid G Driver’s License with clean abstract
- Reliable transportation to our yard in rural Erin, ON
What can we offer you?
- Competitive Wages
- Pay Equity
- An inclusive, positive, respectful work environment
- Horticultural Apprenticeship opportunities
- Paid industry related events, learning opportunities
- Supplementary Income Benefit
- Opportunity to work on some of the most stunning rural estate gardens in the area
At The Local Gardener we value:
- Organic gardening practices and respect for natural surroundings
- Being outside, with the changing seasons and weather
- Attention to detail to keep natural spaces healthy and gardens looking their best
- Appreciating the beauty and artistic quality of a well designed, well kept garden
- Working hard with others as part of a friendly, positive and inclusive team
- Professional customer service
We are currently growing our team for a busy season and looking for staff who share our core values.
We are proud members of Landscape Ontario with potential to pursue a Horticulture Apprenticeship for the right candidate.
Would you like to see more about our business and what we do? Please visit our Instagram account @matthew.gove.and.co and check out our recent interview for the Landscape Ontario trade magazine:
If you meet our requirements and enjoy working outdoors, then please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
No phone calls please.
Remuneration will be based on experience, and well within industry standards.
Matthew Gove & Co.
Start Your Application