Welcome To Cressman Tree Maintenance & Landscaping Ltd. - Applying For The Landscape Construction Crew Member Position
Cressman Tree Maintenance & Landscaping Ltd. is a family-owned and operated company which has grown in the Cobourg area since February 1984. With close to 40 years in the business, we are an established company with steady growth and are looking for a qualified people who can help us continue that trend. We are seeking Full-Time (Seasonal) Landscape Construction Crew Members who work well with others, take pride in their work, and can deliver a high standard of workmanship in an efficient manner. This is seasonal work with the possibility of winter snow removal work.
- Spread top soil, lay sod, plant – flowers, grass, shrubs and trees, and perform other duties to assist with the construction of a landscape and related structures
- Cut grass, rake, fertilize and water lawns, weed gardens, prune shrubs and trees, and perform other maintenance duties as directed by supervisor
- Construct landscaped environments which may include trees, shrubs, lawns, fences, decks, patios and other landscape structures, as directed by supervisor
- Safely operate and maintain power mowers, tractors, chainsaws, sod cutters, pruning saws and other landscape maintenance equipment (skid steers, mini-excavators, tampers)
- Perform other manual duties to clean and maintain landscaped environments
- High school diploma is an asset
- Practical experience in hardscaping/soft scaping is an asset
- Must be able to lift 50lb+ consistently
- Physically fit with the ability to perform vigorous and repetitive tasks such as tree, shrub, and perennial planting/care, mulching, weeding, garden bed creation, etc.
- Positive problem-solving attitude is important
- A valid driver’s license is an asset and clean drivers abstract is required
- WHMIS an asset, but will train
- Successful candidate should be prepared to work in all weather conditions
Type of work: Sodding, planting, lawn and property maintenance, soft scaping and hardscaping work, as well as some carpentry and demolition
Work Experience: 1-3 years
Work Week: Monday to Friday (40-50 hours per week). April through to December is typical. (may be required to work the occasional Saturday)
Wage: will be based on experience
Please send your resume to us by email: email@example.com We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start Your Application