Welcome To Automatic Rain Ltd. - Applying For The Senior Irrigation Technician Position
The Senior Irrigation Technician will take on the lead role when carrying out daily operations, overseeing junior team members when required. When operating as a standalone team the Senior Irrigation Technician will be able to carry out all irrigation service functions as outlined in the Junior and Senior Responsibilities and Duties sections.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Install, inspect, maintain, diagnose, and repair irrigation systems.
- Communicate clearly with team members to carry out daily functions.
- Document work performed, including clocking in/out times for all team members on site.
- Accurately document equipment and supplies utilized for billing.
- Answer client related questions as they arise on site.
- Set irrigation timer controls and maintenance schedules, both manual and through online apps.
- Visit sites and make recommendations for system improvements.
- Primary operator of business vehicle, including completion of maintenance log.
- Ensure business vehicle is adequately supplied with parts and equipment for daily scheduled services.
- Ensure safe work practices
- Reasonable responsibilities and duties may be assigned by the Operations Manager and/or General Manager
- Horticultural, Landscape Management Diploma or Certificate or 2+ years minimum irrigation experience.
- Valid “G” class drivers license, with clean abstract.
- *Successful completion of Landscape Ontario’s “The ABCs of Irrigation” course.
- *Successful completion of Landscape Ontario “CIT” course.
- *Successful completion of the WSIP course.
- *Additional Landscape Ontario courses/seminars may be required as new sessions are offered throughout the year.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Ability to drive with trailer.
- Understand and follow blueprints or diagrams
* Landscape Ontario courses will be paid for by Automatic Rain and are to be completed
- Work duties will primarily be completed outdoors. Team members will experience regular exposure to all varying elements and temperatures.
- Seasonal position. Beginning of April to mid-December, dependant on weather conditions.
- COVID-19 safe work practices in place to protect staff and clients.
Start Your Application
- $22.00 - $30.00 / hr
- Profit Sharing