Welcome To Cobble Beach Golf Links - Applying For The Landscape Crew Lead - Labourer Position
Cobble Beach Golf Links is located in Kemble ON, which is 10 minutes north of Owen Sound. We are a community based, award winning, four-season resort that includes an 18 hole championship golf course, several communal amenities, dozens of homes and condominiums and a growing population. It’s an exciting time within the community as the second phase of residential construction is underway. The addition of homes and members will continue to boast the Cobble Beach club experience. The Turf Department responsibilities extend into various aspects of the property. The maintenance of the golf course, home lawns, communal and personal gardens, tennis courts, an industrial dock, a year round trail system, a beach club and winter snow removal. The department is branching out into a landscape division and we are looking for individuals to help grow the department and Cobble Beach. This is an excellent opportunity to learn hard/soft landscaping and maintenance from an experienced landscaper.
Job Description: LANDSCAPE CREW LEAD-LABOURER
Under the supervision the Assistant Property Manager (APM) and the Golf Course Superintendent (GCS) the successful candidate will:
- Work as a part of a dynamic team of skilled landscapers installing high end quality landscapes for residential resort properties. As a part of the Landscape Construction Crew, you will be responsible for assisting with a variety of tasks related to hard and soft landscaping.
- Work as part of the Landscape Construction team on resident’s homes, new builds and property lands to the standards of the Cobble Beach Landscape Department.
- Perform any other work related duties required on the Cobble Beach property and/or the golf course as directed by management.
- First and foremost; a positive attitude, open mind and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, physically demanding work environment.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Prior knowledge or education in horticultural is an asset but not required.
- Must be willing to work in all reasonable types of weather.
- Must be willing to work some weekends.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow direction from the APM/Crew Lead and efficiently carry out tasks such as:
- Site preparation (demo, layout, excavation etc.)
- Hard Landscaping (retaining walls, interlock/natural stone - driveways, patios, porches & walkways etc.)
- Soft Landscaping (planting, mulching, sodding etc.)
- Operate various tools and equipment, including: plate tampers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, rakes, hammers, drills etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis.
- Assist with loading and unloading of materials, tools, and equipment required to complete projects.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times and comply with all company policies, procedures and regulations. Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations.
- Assist in daily record keeping and work orders.
- Assist in shop organization and cleanliness.
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous landscaping and/or construction experience.
- Experience operating small equipment an asset ( mini ex/skid steer)
- Valid G class driver’s license; May be driving a company vehicle on site.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications an asset
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and as part of the Landscape Construction team.
- Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift.
- Punctual, responsible and dependable.
- Come to work attentive, ready to learn and work hard.
- Customer and quality focus.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Works well in a team setting and individually.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Ethics and integrity.
- Takes initiative.
- Demonstrate continuous growth through personal goal achievement.
- Monday through Friday, 7:00am-4:30pm
- Weekend work when required.
- Season typically runs from mid March to mid December
- Hourly rate ranges from $16.00 -$21.00
Start Your Application