Welcome To Clintar Commercial Outdoor Services - Applying For The Turf Care Supervisor Position
Commercial Outdoor Services is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team. In this position you will provide direction to summer staff with regards to total turf care.
- Licensed Pesticide Applicator in Landscape and Industrial Vegetation
- A Horticultural Technician Certification would be an asset
- Minimum valid G Ontario Driver’s License
- Valid CPR/First Aid certificate would be an asset
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in turf care
Summer Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Start Your Application
- Directly supervise and support spray technicians as required.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in turf maintenance.
- Inspect turf areas for weeds, insect, and disease problems.
- Apply all turf products including fertilizers, and pesticides as part of a comprehensive IPM program
- Ensure all employees under your supervision are properly trained.
- Prioritize, schedule and coordinate client visits for turf care
- Visit sites and evaluate the effectiveness of the turf care program.
- Stock and maintain chemical inventory.
- Maintain spray records and sign technician logbooks
- Issue written and verbal instructions
- Ensure appropriate scheduling and maintenance of vehicles and equipment
- Learn minor repairs on equipment
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of crew’s time sheets, approving through LMN
- Evaluate regularly Clintar’s service to customers, and help to eliminate customer complaints
- Be a hands-on supervisor that works directly with crews when short staffed, or falling behind
- Evaluate performance, make recommendations, praise, or discipline of field staff in accordance with company policies
- Ensure requested work is completed and to standard of quality expected
- Attend weekly management meetings
- Observe workers on site and evaluate if they are following safety procedures and correct any training issues so quality can be achieved.
- Promote positive company image
- All training and certifications are kept up to date.
- Maintain and upgrade industry knowledge and education
- Work with Sales Manager to sell turf care packages to clients