Welcome To Garden Grove - Applying For The Horticultural Crew Member Position
We are eagerly seeking Crew Members to join our Horticultural Team!
Do you have a positive, team-oriented attitude? Strong attention to detail? A desire to grow and learn in a green industry career? If so, we want to meet with you!
At Garden Grove we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re larger in size than most landscape companies, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you are looking to join a company with a heightened commitment to safety and quality, and be part of a crew of talented go-getters, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including commercial grounds maintenance, landscape enhancements, and snow removal there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
Garden Grove promotes a teamwork culture, developing and training our staff to provide next-level service to our customers.
- Ensuring properties are maintained to the high level of quality that is expected while maintaining budgeted productivity
- Identify issues within the accounts that you service, recording those issues and reporting them to your manager
- Dedicated to quality customer service you go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure company policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times, ensures all health & safety requirements are followed
- Utilization and proficiency with a variety of gardening and power tools
- Perform routine maintenance services on customer properties as per Garden Grove standards to include cutting grass, raking, general clean up, fertilizing, garden care (weeding, edging, cultivating), plant care (pruning, trimming shrubs & trees) according to site specific details.
- Perform snow removal duties during snow season while ensuring proper safety procedures
- Duties will primarily be outdoors and regularly exposed to varying weather conditions i.e. wet and/or humid conditions, hot and cold temperatures, snow and ice storms.
- Physical demands include but may not be limited to standing, walking, sitting, climbing, stooping, kneeling, bending, lifting, reaching, squatting, carrying, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional irregular hours due to unexpected circumstances.
- A valid drivers license with clean drivers abstract
- Desire to work in horticultural/landscape industry
- 1-2 min years experience in horticultural field an asset
- Have a good knowledge of plant materials, and proficient in your abilities to care for growing plants by pruning, weeding and removing dead and damaged leaf tissue
- Proficient in the use of a variety of gardening and power tools
- Communication - Just like a fresh cut lawn, we pride ourselves on clean lines of communication.
- Respect - Respect the process, C.A.R.E. about a job well done. Operate in the spirit of cooperation.
- Trustworthy - To be trusted, you need to be trustworthy. Have the courage and integrity to make the tough decisions.
- Motivated - Motivation can out-perform talent with the right mindset.
- Teamwork - Teamwork requires everyone to be focused on our common goal. Work together to achieve greatness.
- Innovation - Adapting to change we challenge ourselves to always innovate.
Incentives for You
- Seasonal and Full Time year round employment
- Competitive wages and bonuses
- Training, development, and paid certifications
- Benefits Package
- Opportunity for career ladder advancement within Garden Grove
Garden Grove Landscaping Inc. offers diverse opportunities in landscape and snow management services.
As a leader in the industry, we have developed a strong reputation for excellence. We continue to grow as an organization because of our focus on team building, quality and customer satisfaction. Our unique culture has enabled Garden Grove to remain a successful family-oriented business, founded on principles of trust, honesty and respect. This guides our relationships with each other, our customers, and cultivates a positive atmosphere where growth is encouraged, and where individuals can achieve their potential.
Our team is growing forward – Garden Grove is the ideal place to start or further your landscape career. Since our inception in 1990, Garden Grove Landscaping has seen steady growth and has become widely recognized as a service leader in the landscape industry. Having developed a strong reputation for excellence we continue to grow as an organization because of our focus on team building, quality and customer satisfaction.
Join our team today! Apply online at GardenGrove.ca/Careers
Garden Grove is an equal opportunity employer.
Start Your Application