Welcome To Teton Machine Company - Applying For The CNC Machinist Position
Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. Includes precision instrument makers who fabricate, modify, or repair mechanical instruments. May also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
Sets up and operates one or more CNC machines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up CNC machines by writing a program, following a pre-written program, or set-up sheet
- Operates one or more CNC machines by loading stock or parts into machine, inspecting parts and documenting findings, overlapping deburr parts using a sander, buffer, secondary machine, etc.
- Trouble shoots CNC machines by assessing the problem and using basic trouble-shooting skills to come up with a viable solution
- Assigns jobs to less-skilled operators by demonstrating the operation to be performed and all necessary information pertaining to quality, efficiency, safety, etc., on the job
- Counts and tags parts by hand, counterweight scale or electronic scale
- Housekeeping & cleaning of workstations, machines, and area around machines
- Machine maintenance
- Three years’ minimum experience in CNC machine set-up.
- Be able to figure speeds and feeds
- Be able to write, transfer and store programs
- Be able to convert set-ups to run on different machines
- Be able to convert thread depth (metric and standard) to turns on a gage
- Be able to read blueprints and technical drawings
- Be able to lift 30 lbs. in boxes or in bar stock
- Be able to perform tasks involving manual dexterity, i.e. some slight twisting & bending when setting up machines, measuring with micrometers, calipers, etc., deburring parts with secondary equipment, etc.
- Have a working knowledge of how to layout a new job
- Have a working knowledge of different style drills, taps, reamers, end mills, etc.
- Have a working knowledge of precision gaging equipment
- Perform essential duties efficiently, accurately and safely
- Be able to operate manual machines as needed
- Exposed to coolant and oils
- Be able to stand for long periods of time
- CNC lathes (Swiss & Conventional type)
- CNC mills
- Computer (write, transfer and store programs)
- Secondary machines: Manual lathe, manual mill, sander, buffer, etc.
WHO WE ARE
Teton Machine is 100% employee owned (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) and offers health benefits (medical, vision, dental and HSA), ESOP retirement plan, competitive pay, paid vacation, and 401k plan. Teton was founded in Jackson WY in 1952 and has been in business in Payette, ID since 1981. Teton offers a safe work environment with opportunities for growth.
Start Your Application