Welcome To Cobble Beach Golf Links - Applying For The Landscape Horticulture/Gardener Position
Cobble Beach Golf Links is located in Kemble ON, which is 10 minutes north of Owen Sound. We are a community based, award winning, four-season resort that includes an 18 hole championship golf course, several communal amenities, dozens of homes and condominiums and a growing population. It’s an exciting time within the community as the second phase of residential construction is underway. The addition of homes and members will continue to boast the Cobble Beach club experience. The Turf Department responsibilities extend into various aspects of the property. The maintenance of the golf course, home lawns, communal and personal gardens, tennis courts, an industrial dock, a year round trail system, a beach club and winter snow removal. We are looking for an individual to help grow the department and fill the role of Head Horticulturalist.
Job Description: Head Horticulturalist/Gardener
Under the supervision of the Golf Course Superintendent (GCS), the Assistant Golf Course Superintendent (AGS) and the Assistant Property Manager (APM) the horticulturalist will adopt the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with all facets of the turf department team to ensure all plants and gardens on the golf course, clubhouse and boulevards are well maintained
- Ensure that applicable homeowner’s gardens are upheld to the requirements as stated in the maintenance contracts
- Lead, direct and motivate a small horticultural team
- On occasion, required to address members and guests’ questions within the topic of gardening/horticulture and provide minor consultation
- Educate the horticultural team on, and perform routine duties to maintain the plant life at the property including watering, weeding, trimming, applying fertilizer, etc.
- Assist in the creation and construction of new gardens to aid in the completion of new homes and the improvement of Cobble Beach’s communal grounds
- Maintain the onsite nursery to not only meet the requirements of the current season, but also those of the future and the property’s expansion
- Frequently monitor gardens to ensure plant health and provide brief training to other employees so that the plants may be monitored in your absence
- Follow direction from the GCS/AGS/APM and efficiently carry out tasks such as:
- Common area maintenance of planting beds to include weeding, pruning and cultivation.
- Soft Landscaping (planting, mulching, sodding etc.) as required.
- Operate various tools and equipment i.e.) handheld blowers, gas powered pruning equipment, shovels, rakes etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections and cleaning on a daily basis
- Assist with loading and unloading of materials, tools, and equipment required to complete projects
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times and comply with all company policies, procedures and regulations. Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations.
- Assist in daily record keeping and work orders
- Assist in shop organization and cleanliness
- Perform any other work related duties required on the Cobble Beach property and/or the golf course as directed by management
- First and foremost; a positive attitude, open mind and strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast paced, physically demanding work environment
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Problem solving abilities
- Prior knowledge or education in horticultural is an asset
- Must be willing to work in all reasonable types of weather
- Must be willing to work some weekends
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in the horticultural maintenance/bed maintenance field
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications an asset
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape practices
- Monday through Friday
- Weekend work when required
- Season typically runs from mid-April to early November
- Hourly rate of $16-$20 an hour depending on experience
- Bonus potential for appropriate applicant
- Overtime pay
- Inclusion of staff uniform
- Inclusion in staff events and activities
- Golf privileges
- Check out our website for more information www.cobblebeach.com
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $16.00-$20.00 per hour
Start Your Application