Welcome To Bluegrass Nursery, Sod & Garden Centre - Applying For The Landscape Construction Foreman Position
Landscape Construction Foreman
Blue Grass Nursery, Sod, and Garden Centre – Calgary, Alberta
Blue Grass Ltd is currently seeking a qualified, self-motivated landscape construction foreman to oversee our commercial landscaping projects. We require a person who has an attitude of quality and excellence and who takes pride in their work and the company they work for. We require a person who enjoys leading and teaching people, can effectively communicate with customers, crews, peers, and management, solve problems in real-time, and thrive under the pressure of meeting timelines and budgets.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Organize and plan work daily for the landscape crews to meet customer requirements, timelines, and budgets (minimum 3 crews at different job sites).
- Supervise crew members and tasks while being an active member of the crew including disciplinary action when required. Attention to detail and quality control is essential.
- Set expectations for quality and excellence with the landscape crews.
- Train employees in equipment operation and landscape construction best practices; including site grading, and installation of sod, mulch, trees, site furnishings, and hardscape products.
- Effectively communicate with customers to ensure requirements, expectations, and timelines are met. Document any special agreements or changes.
- Ensure the daily documentation of crew work plans, OH&S paperwork, equipment inspections, progress reports, and crew hours.
- Manage subcontractor deliverables and quality.
- Read drawings and specifications and translate them into tasks for the landscape crews.
- Estimate material, equipment, and labour costs for change requests and potential opportunities.
- Perform snow removal and coordinate snow removal crews in the winter season.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5 years experience in commercial landscape construction; soft and hard landscaping.
- 3 years experience as a foreman or crew lead.
- Class 5 Drivers License.
- Experience operating skid steer and mini-excavator equipment.
- Experience and knowledge of OH&S policies and procedures.
- Horticulture diploma, LGAP, or proven industry experience.
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions; 6 days per week in the peak summer season.
- Demonstrated proficiency in time management and task prioritization.
- Compensation range $25-$35 negotiable hourly or salary; year-round position.
- Company truck.
- Health benefits are available.
- A bonus plan is available.
Job Type: Full-time
Start Your Application