Welcome To Objective Engineering Inc. - Applying For The Structural Engineering Technologist Position
Objective Engineering Inc.
Objective Engineering Inc. is a results-based entrepreneurial engineering firm that is based in Ingersoll, Ontario. Objective Engineering offers competitive remuneration, comprehensive benefits packages, technical development, team building events and recognition of achievements. Successful candidates have the opportunity to learn and grow and be challenged daily.
We thrive on structural engineering projects and challenges in the industrial, manufacturing and construction fields. With specializations in fall protection, structural steel connections, structural design & build, mobile cranes, and construction work equipment, we provide FEA, 2D and 3D CADD and inspection services throughout Ontario and Canada. If you like pushing your knowledge limits, thinking outside the box and solving real problems, Objective Engineering is the place for you.
We are currently looking for a qualified, energetic, and motivated Structural Inspector/Technologist who will aid our engineering department while contributing to increased profit, customer satisfaction, and professional and personal development. This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious person who enjoys the variety of being on-site and in-office. You must enjoy working outdoors as inspections and testing occur in all seasons during all types of weather. Travel is a major component of this position, and you will be expected to be in the office when not on-site.
Candidates Must Possess:
- A desire to learn and grow in a competitive consulting environment.
- Superior customer service skills and an enjoyment of working onsite with customers.
- A strong ability to learn new concepts independently and quickly.
- Excellent computer and problem-solving abilities.
- Independent thinking and self-motivation skills.
- A passion for drawing, modelling, and seeing designs come into focus.
- Budgeting, scheduling, and time management capabilities – including working under pressure to achieve dynamic deadlines under limited supervision.
- The ability to ask questions and be aware of personal and technical limitations.
- Prepare structural and fabrication drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data using AutoCAD and Solidworks
- Perform inspections and field reviews of construction sites
- Engage in load testing and structural design under the guidance of a professional engineer
- Prepare OBC matrix and conduct building code reviews
- Provide and follow-up on technical and compliance information, ensuring a solid understanding of all relevant standards
- Perform structural inspections of Elevating work platforms and lifting equipment
- Inspect and work with fall protection systems
- Prepare various reports and review technical documentation
- Organize and coordinate project files
- Build relationships with clients and ensure superior & profitable customer service
- Collect data as related to the preparation of drawings
- Conform to standard operating procedures and define project priorities
We will provide training in these areas but expect that you will be able to work with limited supervision in a short period of time.
Required Experience and Skills:
- College diploma in Architectural Technology or Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent
- 5+ years of structural design experience minimum
- Design knowledge of concrete, steel and timber is required as well as knowledge of OBC, Ontario Construction and Industrial regulations
- Strong experience with AutoCAD, as well as experience preparing CADD drawings (AutoCAD) and 3D CADD (Solidworks preferred)
- Working knowledge of the 2012 Ontario Building Code
- Holder of valid Ontario driver’s license and own your own vehicle
- Possess excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Part 9 Housing and/or Small Structures and Part 3 BCIN an asset
- Experience with mobile elevating work platforms and construction equipment would be considered an asset
Salary Range - Based on Experience
$55,000 - $65,000 annually pulse benefits after probation.
The position is full-time and based in Ingersoll, Ontario. To learn more and see if Objective Engineering is a good fit for you, please visit our website at www.objectiveeng.ca
No phone calls or walk-in appointments. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Start Your Application