Welcome To Teton Machine Company - Applying For The Machine Operator (entry level) Position
Hands-on operation of a variety of machines and processes in any area assigned or needed.
This is your chance to learn on the job. Precision machining can be a lifetime job that allows for advancement as you learn and grow in your skill level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Trainable in blueprint reading
- Safely operate machines
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Maintain tight tolerances on parts as specified
- Measures parts with precision instruments
- Use care in handling parts
- Must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation without posing a direct threat to the individual or others.
- Counts and tags parts by hand, counterweight scale or electronic scale
- Cleans area and machines, and parts pans, etc.
- Removes chips from machines
- Changes coolant oil or water soluble solution
- Must successfully complete “New Employee Orientation”
- Must successfully complete Q.C. orientation
- Be able to read blueprints and technical drawings
- Be able to perform tasks involving manual dexterity, i.e. measuring with micrometers, calipers, etc., loading parts for secondary operations, etc.
- Lift 30 lbs.
- May be required to have experience with custom or production work or with particular material, product, or precision level, or with machine of particular size, type, or trade name.
- Be able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- CNC lathes
- CNC mills
- Secondary machines: Feelers, sander, buffer, etc.
- Operate machines and assist in other areas as assigned or needed including but not limited to: lathes, mills, hones, surface grinder, assembly area, cleaning parts.
WHO WE ARE
Teton Machine is 100% employee owned (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) and offers health benefits (medical, vision, dental and HSA), ESOP retirement plan, competitive pay, paid vacation, and 401k plan. Teton was founded in Jackson WY in 1952 and has been in business in Payette, ID since 1981. Teton offers a safe work environment with opportunities for growth.
Start Your Application