Exciting Year Round Outdoor Job - Start this week!
Maintenance Enhancement Team Leader
Love working outside all year round? Enjoy the sun and snow? Want to work within a positive company with the ability to advance in within the company? Looking for steady work year round?
The duties of this job require a high degree of specialized expertise and skill in maintaining established standards of quality and accuracy. Drive, determination and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results that meet these established criteria are necessary for successful job performance. The job environment is structured and job expectations are clear. While the pace of the work is faster than average, quality is never compromised. The focus of communication and organizational relationships is based on technical expertise. The work requires specialized technical problem solving and ingenuity while working within approved organizational systems and technology, and the demonstration of the values of integrity, quality and caution. New ideas and concepts are also important but will be carefully analyzed and tested before communication and adoption. If the job involves managing others, there is a need for someone who can exercise the necessary authority to assure policies and procedures are followed and time frames are met. At the same time, it will be necessary to give subordinates structured opportunity to develop their own expertise and capability for quality work to assure effective delegation and shared responsibility for work output. It is expected that coaching and training support for achieving effective delegation will be required.
Description of Duties:
- Varied activities Multiple, simultaneous projects Fast-paced environment
- Technical, analytical focus, Work within established standards and guidelines, Expertise-based problem solving
- Authoritative, quick decision making within defined span of control based on accepted quality standards, policies and procedures. Important to also train others to make correct decisions
- Communication is task based, technically oriented team roles are clearly defined. Need for collaboration is minimal, when necessary, it is focused on specific tasks or problems
- Lead a crew as well as individually when needed, with little to no supervision.
- Leadership based on specialty expertise Directive leadership to assure quality standards are met Delegation infrequently required, and when required, close follow-up is essential
- Must have a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Must be able to use a sod cutter, shovel, various machinery, chain saw, etc.
- Must be able to grade area's (gravel and soil)
- Must be able to shovel, snow blow and/or plow large quantities of snow
- Pay close attention to details
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions (rain, snow, freezing rain, sunshine, etc)
- Handle repetitive duties for extended periods of time
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the field sodding, planting, shearing/pruning, etc.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in the field efficiently grading and prepping grounds to work
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the snow removal field
- Valid G driver's license minimum
- Have their own transportation (yard not located near public transit
- Knowledge/Expertise of sod cutters, various machinery, chain saw
- Knowledge/Expertise in installation of Artificial Turf is not required but an asset
- Knowledge/Expertise of snow blowers, plow truck and deicing materials is an assest
- Reliable and Motivated
- Enjoy working outdoors under various weather conditions including snow, rain, freezing rain, sunshine, etc.
Summer months are a steady Monday – Friday with some Saturday work if scheduled due to inclement weather.
During the winter months’ applicants must be available on-call to work 24/7 meaning you may be called out at any time day or night as this position is weather dependent. You may be required to report to work within 1 hours’ notice although we try to give you as much notice as possible.
Wages starting at $24.00 – 30.00/Hour depending on experience.
Average 50 hours per week in the Summer.
Minimum 15 hours per week guarantee in the winter.
We are looking for a good fit attitude, personality, someone who is willing to learn, advance and grow with our team.
Benefits and Year round salary program is available.
Sound like the right position for you?
Ready to start your career? Email in your resume to apply!
Please note; once your resume is received, if you qualify for the position you will be sent a Pre-Interview Questionnaire to be filled out and emailed back.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00-$30.00 per hour