Exciting Year Round Outdoor Job - Start this week!
Enhancement Team Member
Love working outside all year round? Enjoy the sun and snow? Want to work within a positive company with the ability to advance in within the company? Looking for steady work year round?
Have knowledge about sodding, planting, pruning, plowing, snow blowers, shovels and de-ice products?
We are a family owned and operated business based in Durham Region with 55 years of experience. We offer year round positions, health benefits available, periodic appreciation BBQ's, online and in person training as well as safety training -- as safety is key and very important to us.
We are looking to add team members and lead hands to our team!
Description of Duties:
- Work with a crew as well as individually when needed, with little to no supervision.
- Must have a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Must be able to use a sod cutter, shovel, various machinery, chain saw, etc.
- Must be able to shovel, snow blow and/or plow large quantities of snow
- Pay close attention to details
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions (rain, snow, freezing rain, sunshine, etc)
- Handle repetitive duties for extended periods of time
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in the field sodding, planting, shearing/pruning, etc.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in the snow removal field
- Valid G driver's license
- Have their own transportation (yard not located near public transit
- Knowledge/Expertise of snow blowers, plow truck and deicing materials
- Knowledge/Expertise of sod cutters, various machinery, chain saw
- Knowledge/Expertise in installation of Artificial Turf is not required but an asset
- Reliable and Motivated
- Enjoy working outdoors under various weather conditions including snow, rain, freezing rain, sunshine, etc.
Summer months are a steady Monday – Friday with some Saturday work scheduled but can be weather dependent at times.
During the winter months’ applicants must be available on-call to work 24/7 meaning you may be called out at any time day or night as this position is weather dependent. You may be required to report to work within 1 hours’ notice although we try to give you as much notice as possible.
Wages starting at $18.00 - $22.00/Hour depending experience.
Average 50 hours per week in the Summer.
Benefits and Year round salary program is available.
Sound like the right position for you?
Ready to start your career? Email in your resume to apply!
Please note; once your resume is received, if you qualify for the position you will be sent a Pre-Interview Questionnaire to be filled out and emailed back.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour