Welcome To SDR Electric, Plumbing & Heating Inc. - Applying For The 309A Electrician - Construction and Maintenance Position
SDR Electric, Plumbing & Heating is looking for an experienced Electrician to undertake a variety of tasks relating to setting up and maintaining electrical infrastructure. Your job will involve installing electrical wiring in buildings, troubleshooting malfunctions and blackouts and repairing appliances. Due to the high amount of risk pertaining to this job, electricians must be first and foremost responsible individuals with great attention to safety precautions. The ideal candidate must also be experienced in different kinds of electrical devices and systems. The goal will be to produce and maintain well functioning electrical connections to minimize the probability of accidents and maximize usability of electricity in all facilities.
- Execute plans of electrical wiring for well functioning lighting, intercom and other electrical systems
- Install electrical apparatus, fixtures and equipment for alarm and other systems
- Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, outlets, circuit-breaker panels etc.)
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components
- Prepare and assemble conduits and connect wiring through them
- Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits etc.
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units
- Proven experience as an electrician
- Experience in residential and/or commercial electrical systems
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Diploma in relevant vocational training or successfully completed apprenticeship as an electrician
- Valid 309A license to practice profession
- Experience with Refrigeration and/or Plumbing would be an asset
SDR Electric, Plumbing & Heating is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For accommodation please contact accessibility @ workforcewins(dot)com.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.83-$40.16 per hour
Start Your Application