Welcome To Chris Reeve Knives - Applying For The CNC Machinist / Mill precision knife parts / 4-day Workweek Position
Chris Reeve Knives is held together by a shared passion for precision, quality, and forward-thinking. You can see the results in our products. For over 30 years, our flagship, The Sebenza has seen a handful of developments and changes, but still maintains the same solid lock up, pristine finishes, and a worldwide reputation for manufacturing quality. We believe in treating every aspect of our business - from the back of the shop to the front - like a Sebenza: a constant challenge to bring quality, innovation, and excellence to our industry.
As a CNC Machinist/Operator, you will:
- Machine production knife parts
- Set up and quality check tools in support of machining parts
- Have an understanding of process sheets from setup sheets or any other paperwork (i.e. drawings, specifications, etc.)
- Cut and prep materials
- Meet time and schedule standards for assigned work
- Perform non-CNC tasks when necessary.
- Be able to do offset, compensations, and conditional switches using basic math, geometry, and trigonometry
- Maintain material inventory by checking items in and out and notifying when inventory runs low
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Have the ability to use various inspection pin and block gages, caliper, micrometers etc.
- Perform daily maintenance and cleaning on equipment
- Monitor parts and ensure machines are operating properly
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- At least five years of experience as a machinist in a production environment.
- Exceptional communication skills and are comfortable receiving feedback.
- Ambition to learn and grow from others.
- Mastercam / Featurecam knowledge (this is a plus, but not required).
- Initiative to complete tasks independently, from start to finish
- A keen eye for detail
- Organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with machine tools for drilling, milling, and grinding
- Good overall understanding of CNC programs including formatting and editing
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
The fine print: This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work leaders assigned to this job perform. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities but provide a baseline summary. Full details of expectations and responsibilities will be provided upon hire.
Start Your Application
- The prospective candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment alcohol and drug screening.
- A background check will be conducted.