Welcome To Higgins Hardscape Inc - Applying For The Crew Leader/Foreperson Position
Higgins Hardscape is a passionate team of dedicated landscape professionals looking to expand our crew. We have a centrally-located shop just minutes from Waterdown. If you are looking for a career, not just a job, we offer exciting growth opportunities. Our company focuses on a wide range of landscaping projects with a focus on hardscape construction. We also offer year round employment !
If you are more interested in the type of work that we do, please feel free to check out our instragram @higginshardscape
What We Are Looking For:
- Seeking a full-time year-round worker with interest in working during all 4 seasons.
- Reliable, hardworking and punctual.
- Proper use and maintenance of equipment (Skid steer/mini excavator experience is an asset).
- Strong work ethic.
- Goal oriented and passionate about the landscape industry.
- Keeping the job site safe and well organized with attention to detail to ensure operating procedures and safe operations of a variety of machinery
- Motivated with a passion for the landscape industry with a minimum 2 years of experience in the landscaping industry.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn and demonstrate initiative.
- G Class License and Clean driving record preferred.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment through inspections, lubrication and cleaning daily
- Have active listening skills to ensure that given instructions are followed through efficiently while following project guidelines.
- Have the willingness to learn, grow and develop skills.
- Ability to drive truck and trailer.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
While working for Higgins Hardscape, you will be responsible to perform a variety of duties and responsibilities but not limited to:
- Grading, gravel installation, sod laying, planting, watering, fertilizing, digging, raking, trenching, stone work installation, interlock pavers installation.
- Build retaining walls, paths and patios, build structures according to landscaping designs, flagstone, armor stones and steps.
- Operating equipment and machinery such as: tampers, concrete saws, excavators, skidsteer, carpentry tools, chop saw, table saw, basic hand tools, plow trucks and salters.
- Exceeding customer needs.
- Carry out foundation work, such as laying drainage or installing irrigation systems, as directed
- Reshape the landscape with slopes or terraces and create special features such as rock gardens, ponds, fountains and ornamental garden, as directed
- Assist with lawn area grading via digging, trenching and excavating
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 2-3 years working in the landscape construction field doing interlocking, stone work, deck and fence construction
- Must have valid G class drivers license
- Your own Transportation to get to and from our shop in Waterdown
- Must be able to work 40-55 hours a week
- Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions
- Horticultural Certification or equivalent would be a strong asset
- Plant Knowledge and identification is definitely an asset
Wages and Work Perks:
- Competitive wages will be determined based on experience.
- $17.50 - $35/hour
- Attractive benefits package
- Option of salary based pay
- Employee appreciation events
- Company paid health benefits
- RRSP program with company contribution
- Safe & healthy work environment
- Advancement opportunities
- Company paid uniforms
- Bonuses (year end & attendance)
If you feel you are the qualified candidate for this position please forward your resume. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Start Your Application