Welcome To Groundhog Landscaping Ltd - Applying For The Horticultural Technician Position
Certified/licenced to perform specialist functions to construct and maintain landscape environments which include flowers, trees, shrubs, lawns and construction landscapes. Examples of positions that fall under this job description are Irrigation Technician, Irrigation/Maintenance Specialist, Licenced Lawn Exterminator, Pesticide Technician (PTP program), Licenced Pest Control, etc. Uses appropriate tools and equipment required to complete tasks.
Groundhog Landscaping Ltd & Group of Companies services the Greater Toronto Area. We specialize in install and maintenance of irrigation and lighting systems. We are looking for Irrigation Technicians to join our team for the upcoming season. We are searching for someone with a positive attitude who loves to work outdoors.
Job Type: Seasonal/Full-time
- Install irrigation and lighting systems- Interpret drawings/maps to install pipes, wire, irrigation controllers and lighting transformers.
- Provide maintenance of existing irrigation and outdoor lighting systems to our customer properties – Spring Opening Inspections, Mid-Season Inspections, Winterizatons, Repairs/Retrofits of Existing Systems, Diagnosing/Troubleshooting etc.
- Communicate with customers and crew members in a professional manner
- Conduct daily inspections of the work vehicle, tools/equipment and perform the required maintenance
- Travel to multiple customer properties throughout the day
- Maintain parts inventory in company vehicle and load and unload materials as required
- Ensure work is performed efficiently and safely in accordance with WSIB standards
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a daily basis
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
Skills and Qualifications
- Certifications in Irrigation are considered an asset
- Ability to use tools and equipment is considered an asset
- Fit to work outdoors in all weather conditions and with noise for extended periods of time
- Able to perform physical labour (lift 50lbs)
- Can work a flexible work schedule to adhere to customer needs. Depending on the season weekend work is required
- Valid class “G” driver’s license, with a clean driving record (abstract available upon request)
- Have previous customer service experience
- Capable of effectively communicating in English, both oral and written
- Able to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Possess general computer skills and have the ability to problem solve
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to develop new skills
Why Join Our Team
- Benefits (health spending account)
- Chance for year-round work
- Competitive salary
- On the job training
- Located near the subway station (Kipling)
- Company events
Groundhog landscaping Ltd. has Covid-19 protocols to keep our technicians safe. We require face masks to be worn as well as provide hand sanitizer in every work vehicle. We ensure that in the work force social distancing is enforced and that we are adhering to the guidelines set by the Provincial Government.
Start Your Application