Welcome To Precision Roof Crafters - Applying For The Bookkeeping, Accounting Position
This role supports our day to day operations. As part of this responsibility, the bookkeeper will work closely with the administrative manager. The bookkeeper will work to develop and manage reports, financial statements, accounts payable and key performance metrics. A successful bookkeeper must have the ability to function as a part of a team and be able to think both creatively and critically.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the General Manager in developing the company annual plan.
- Perform all accounting activities relating to G/L, A/R, A/P and payroll.
- Produce company financial statements within 5 business days after the close of each month.
- Work closely with the General Manager to ensure that collection of money is occurring at the point of service, or proper paperwork for financing is being signed at the point of service.
- Manage accounts payable to take advantage of all available discounts from vendors. Where discounts are not available, pay accounts in 30 to 45 days. Avoid any finance charges being assessed for late payment.
- Report to GM if company-owned material expense exceeds benchmarks.
- Be responsible for the collecting and archiving of key performance data, such as number of calls run, number of leads run, average sale amounts, closing ratios, customer renewal percentages, etc. Produce statistical data for GM.
- Answer the phone, as seasonal demands require, remembering that the customer is the number one focus of the company, and they are not an interruption to other tasks. Be very courteous during ANY contact with customers of the company. Phone scripts provided.
- Manage the company assets, such as vehicles, information systems, and communication systems, as it pertains to accounting.
- Collect and assemble the daily report information from the managers and provide the daily report to the General Manager by noon each day for the previous day’s business.
- Obey the Coworker Rules.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc.
- Ability to resolve client complaints concerning billing or services rendered, referring complaints of service failures to the General Manager.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow the Company’s Operating Procedure Manuals.
- Understand double-entry General Ledger accounting.
- Understand how to use the following Equipment:
- Multi-Line Phone System
Qualities and Characteristics
Start Your Application
- Experience or education related to general ledger accounting
- Friendly Phone Voice
- Computer Literate
- Speed and Precision on Data Entry
- Can Work with a Team or independently