Welcome To El Gaucho - Applying For The Dishwasher- Benson Hotel Position
Wash and store dishes and kitchen utensils, and to help maintain kitchen and dishroom cleanliness in accordance with the restaurants' and health department standards, complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards. As needed, responsible for the preparation of batch recipes and production of bulk items while following the established food production programs, recipes, portions, and procedures. Responsible for appropriate use of restaurant supplies and equipment to minimize loss and waste. To provide the highest quality of service and product to guests in accordance with company policies and objectives, to strive towards guest satisfaction, positive employee relations, and profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Know and demonstrate through your actions the Mackay Restaurants vision. Must be able to interact with guests and co-workers in a friendly manner.
- Uphold our motto "We are ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen."
- Provide prompt and courteous service, adhering to Mackay Restaurants' service standards and policies, acting guest first. Perform the Steps of Service in every interaction with guests to strive towards guest satisfaction, retention, and loyalty.
- Demonstrate our company values: Guest Focused, Professionalism, Passion, Integrity, Respect, Empowerment, and Action Oriented to Achieve Excellence.
- Perform duties as outlined in the Dishwasher Training Workbook. Complete and pass annual certification.
- Sets up and breaks down dish machine, including arms, screens, and baskets every hour or as needed throughout the shift. Cleans and polishes machine thoroughly including removing any paper and hosing down interior. Checks machine to be sure it is operating correctly and reports any defects immediately.
- Washes and stores in proper places all dishes, trays, utensils, cups, and small equipment for the restaurant. Washes pots, pans, and trays by hand. Changes water in dish machine regularly. Checks water temperature during dishwashing operation to ensure proper temperature.
- Cleans and keeps neat dish room area, including detergent storage area. Removes trash from dish room and places in dumpster. Cleans and sanitizes garbage cans and keeps clean liners in cans at all times. Clean and roll/unroll mats. Sweep and mop the floors.
- Acts as substitute prep cook, when needed. Food prep activities completed in an efficient and thorough manner. Provides support to other kitchen staff, as required.
- Prepare all menu items and batch recipes in accordance with the recipes, including shift meals for staff. Measure and assemble ingredients and cook items according to recipes and menu specifications. Selects and uses knives, hand tools, utensils and equipment to portion, cut, slice, dip, score, julienne, whip, beat, maintain holding temperature, chill, freeze or otherwise produce food in station.
- Responsible for all food being made properly and according to the established standards and procedures. Monitors all food relative to appearance, temperature, sanitary, quality, and portion control to ensure they meet company standards. Rotating and storing food properly and safely, marking date and item. Using first in - first out concept for food storage.
- Responsible for sanitary conditions, meeting or exceeding health department requirements. Follow safe food handling guidelines at all times. Maintain a current food handler's/health permit.
- Keep work areas neat and clean at all times, cleaning as you go. Before closing, ensures proper cleanliness of all equipment and the physical space in the dish room.
- Work as a member of the team to serve guests. Maintain positive, upbeat, and energetic attitude towards guests and coworkers. Take a proactive approach to teamwork. Work as part of the team by assisting others, communicating, and proactively troubleshoot problems. Maintain positive interaction with front of the house staff. Rapidly solve problems. Awareness of your role in the larger picture of the restaurant and guest experience.
- Help to ensure that the restaurant is profitable by controlling waste, handling all equipment with care to minimize breakage, and following security practices. Reports necessary equipment repairs.
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Maintain highest standards of personal appearance and cleanliness according to company and health department hygiene standards.
- Comply with local, state, and federal health, sanitation, and safety regulations. Must notify management anytime the dish machine or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
1. Courtesy and guest driven.
2. Stamina: high energy level.
3. Dependable and reliable.
4. Excellent eye-hand coordination.
5. Professional, well groomed presentation and appearance.
6. Flexible schedule required, able to work nights, weekends, holidays and long shifts. At some locations able to work during the daytime.
7. Valid Food Handler's/Health Permit.
8. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Physical: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to stand and exert mobility for periods of up to four (4) hours in length and shifts up to 8+ hours in length. Regularly required to reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop, and wipe. Use of hands to grab, handle, or feel objects. Must possess finger and hand dexterity for using small tools and equipment, including knives. Substantial repetitive motion of the wrists and hands. Able to talk and/or hear. Must be able to bend and kneel and have the ability to lift and/or move tubs, pans, glass racks, cases of food, and garbage cans frequently weighing up to 40 pounds. Ask for assistance when lifting heavy objects. Able to climb step stools and stairs. Hazards include, but are not limited to: wet floors, extreme noise, cuts from knives, slipping, tripping, falls, and burns. Exposure to smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity, and extreme cold. Frequent washing of hands. Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) of the work location and of the guests who typically visit the location.
Experience: At least 6 months previous experience as a dishwasher in a restaurant
- Competitive wages
- Growth potential
- Family meals
- Employee dining discount
- Medical (25+ hours/week)
- Dental (25+ hours/week)
- Vision (25+ hours/week)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) (all employees)
- 401k with employer match (one year of service, and age 21)
- Sick Leave
Compensation:| $18-$19 Hourly| DOE
Start Your Application