Welcome To Lamer Landscaping & Snowplowing Ltd - Applying For The Snow & Ice Plow/Sand Truck Driver Position
Position Description: The Snow and Ice Plow/Sand Truck Driver (or Equipment Operator) must be familiar with all aspects of snow and ice plow truck and sanding (or salting) operations and/or equipment operations to include; prepping trucks, plows, sanders and equipment for winter operations and specific storms, safely mobilizing equipment to job site(s), loading sand/salt into sander with front end loader, safely plowing and/or sanding route as indicated by the Snow Manager/Supervisor(s), and interacting with customers on an “as needed” basis.
- The Snow and Ice Plow/Sand Truck Driver can work with minimal direct supervision and displays good “on-site” judgement. The Snow & Ice Plow/Sand Truck Driver must also attend to and complete all paperwork and administrative requirements related to the job while performing his/her job in a safe professional manner.
- Reports to: The Snow & Ice Plow/Sand Truck Driver reports directly to the Snow Manager/Supervisor(s).
Skill set and educational requirements: The Snow & Ice Plow/Sand Truck Driver must possess the following skill set and educational background
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and must be insurable on the company’s insurance policy.
- Have a clean criminal record.
- Legal documentation to verify employment eligibility.
- Physically able to handle the workload of a Snow & Ice Plow/Sand Truck Driver and/or laborer.
- Have full range of motion in upper and lower body.
- Able to lift 50 pounds without assistance.
- Able to interact with customers in a professional and courteous manner on an “as needed” basis.
- Have a minimum of one or two years driving a truck, with a plow or similar experience.
- Able to perform all daily preventative maintenance (PM) on ALL company equipment.
- Meet or exceed company production standards of snow plowing and sanding/salting.
- Able to work with the company GPS snow tracking system, and related online reporting programs.
- Ensures that all safety procedures are followed and reports any unsafe conditions to Supervisors.
- Aids in ensuring that company production standards are met.
- Always maintains a clean crew truck.
- Able to fill and process all necessary job paperwork, purchase orders, and time sheets etc.
- Assists in training other drivers.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with company policies and procedures.
Salary, bonus, and/or commissions: Starting from $19-$24 per hour based on experience. Year round work available for the right candidate.
Start Your Application