Are you looking for a fun and rewarding part-time job where instead of doing mundane tasks and watching paint dry, you're staying busy taking care of pets and wondering where the time went? This may be the perfect job for you, but just to be sure please read this entire posting before applying.
Jet Pet Resort is a premium pet boarding and daycare company with several facilities in Canada and the USA. Our North Vancouver location has 47 luxury private boarding suites as well as indoor and outdoor play areas, many of which that were recently or are soon to be renovated. Growth is on the horizon and we are looking for long-term key players that will consistently and reliably provide a caring, safe, clean and fun atmosphere for all of our canine and feline guests and clients.
Our mission is to maintain a team of professional individuals that have a deep love for animals while possessing a strong work ethic and a high level of integrity. They do the right thing when no one is looking, keep calm under pressure and can take control of any situation. On a part-time basis you will be expected to make a minumum 6 month commitment to this position.
You love both cats and dogs and will treat our clients’ pets as if they were your own in every possible scenario without exception. You’ll be joining a small team that works hard, so you’ll need to hit the ground running to catch up with our pace. There’s lots to do and always more of it, but the upside is the days go by fast and you get to spend it surrounded by awesome pets, teammates and music!
Our Ideal Candidate
- Must love animals and can remain calm and patient with them at all times
- Is looking for a stable part-time employment with potential for growth
- Always shows up on time and genuinely happy to get to work
- Is detail-orientated, very organized and can follow directions closely
- Can work independently without direct supervision, while on a supportive team
- Is a current or former pet parent with dog and/or cat care experience
- Has left their pet or loved one in someone else’s care before
- Has confidence and can take leadership in stressful situations
- Genuinely enjoys cleaning and to a very high standard
- Isn’t afraid of getting their hands dirty or breaking a sweat
- Is savvy and speedy when using computers, mobile devices & apps
- Has, or is willing to obtain, Pet and Human First Aid & CPR certification
- VOA or other similar qualifications would be considered an asset
- Some customer service experience of any kind is preferred
A Day on the Job:
- Taking care of pets’ individual needs and giving them love and attention
- Closely monitoring and managing groups and relationships of dogs and cats
- Administering a variety of medications with absolutely no room for error
- Being careful and diligent when feeding pets and completing reports
- Cleaning guest rooms & play areas (fences, walls, floors, doors, stairs, etc.)
- Cleaning up after pets (yes this does mean lots of poop and pee)
- Cleaning large volumes of soiled laundry, bowls, feeders, toys, etc.
- Bathing and nail-cutting for dogs of all sizes and levels of willingness
- Taking pictures and videos of pets and posting them on social media
- Dealing with clients and guests in a highly professional manner
- Communicating with teammates using a two-way radio, white boards, etc.
- Using software like QuickBooks, Broadly, PawPartner and Eversign
- Taking payments and keeping receipts and daycare logs accurate
- Other duties as assigned (this list is not exhaustive)
Hours & Shifts:
We are open from 6:20am to 8pm 365 days/year and typically busiest during holiday weekends. Part-time candidate must have reasonably open availability, be able to reliably commute to our facility for agreed start times and willing to work a mix of shifts as needs change. Some examples of shifts are 6:20am to 2:50pm, 11:30am to 8pm, 6:20am to 11:20am and 3pm to 8pm.
What We Offer
- Possibility to get hired and start working immediately
- Starting wage of $16-17/hour + tips
- Potential to earn more based on performance and level of commitment
- Opportunity to take leadership and advance in a growing company
- Paid training and industry-related courses
- If you have a dog, you can bring them to work
- We can be somewhat flexible to your preferred hours
- Comfortable and relaxed uniform and environment
Cover letter required. Applications without a cover letter will be rejected. This is your opportunity to get our attention. Tell us why you want this job and we should hire you.
Three references required. Candidates must be able to provide genuine personal and employment references which will be checked by us.
Personality assessment required. Candidates must complete a short personality and skills assessment, which helps us make sure you’re the perfect match.
Criminal Background Check required. Candidates must be able to clear a criminal background check immediately after they are offered the position.
Canadians, Permanent Residents or Visa holders only. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada with current and valid supporting documents.
We help dogs be a more valued member of their family by providing an amazing overnight care experience while their parents are away.
Together - We are in this together. We respect and look out for one another. We know we're all human, and we can’t do any of this alone.
Inspired -We are passionate about what we do, and know what we are connected to something greater than ourselves.
Inventive -We are creators, leaders, and self-starters. We try new things, continuously learn, challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
Authentic - We are genuine to our brand, purpose, and values. We're not perfect, and we don't pretend to be. We are always transparent and do the right thing - even when no one is looking.
Tenacious - We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done really well. We are determined to do this better.
Playful -Life should be fun. We like to laugh. Let’s play!Start Your Application