CKF Inc., a leader in Canada’s pulp molding industry is a progressive company with a strong commitment to safety and Continuous Improvement. CKF Inc. is a National Company with plants located in British Columbia, Ontario and Nova Scotia, manufacturing numerous types of food packaging.
Our Hantsport, Nova Scotia location is located in the Annapolis Valley, less than an hour’s drive from Halifax. This location is looking to hire Industrial Mechanics (Millwrights) to join our maintenance team. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for the installation, removal, repair, and preventive maintenance of rotating equipment within the manufacturing floor.
1. Troubleshoots, repairs, replaces, and installs various types of pulp moulding machinery, as well as pumps, motors, fans, compressors, shafts, pulleys, hoists, conveyors, and other related rotating equipment.
2. Performs preventive maintenance on above referenced equipment
3. Installs power drives in correct position, and aligns power shafts and pulleys
4. Assists in the organization and scheduling of preventive maintenance routines
5. Utilizes hoists, rollers, or trolleys to position machinery.
6. Recommends equipment upgrades based on best economical/professional judgement
7. Notifies Lead Hand, Supervisor of potential hazards and corrective action taken or required
8. Utilizes drawings, blueprints, schematics, and equipment specifications to assist with duties
9. Works with and assists other tradespersons as required
10. Performs all duties in accordance with the current Nova Scotia Occupational Health and Safety Act; as well as, Government rules and regulations, and Company Policies
11. Maintains a clean work environment
12. Performs other related duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Valid Millwright certificate of qualification recognised by the Nova Scotia Department of Education
· Completion of certified trades school program preferred
· Five years recent and related journeyperson experience in a corrective and preventive maintenance environment
· Experience with predictive maintenance would be an asset
· Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, and equipment specifications
· Proficiency in the use of the tools of the trade
· Must be able to work shift work (12 hours shifts) in a continuous manufacturing operation; and ability to work overtime when required
· Familiar with the current Nova Scotia Occupational Health and Safety Act as well as Government rules and regulations
· Reliable and punctual
· Ability to multi task and prioritize repair jobs
· Good communication and organisational skills
· Computer literacy would be an asset
· Ability to take direction
· Ability to direct apprentices in a leadership capacity would be an asset
· General safety, Confined Space, Fall Protection and WHMIS training would be an asset
CKF offers a competitive wage and benefit package (including a pension plan). We are also offering a signing bonus, a rention bonus, and employee referral programs. If you want to work for a dynamic and exciting company and enjoy the challenges of working on a variety of equipment in a fast-paced environment, then come be a part of our team.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CKF Inc. has a mandatory COVID vaccination policy in place, the successful candidate will be required to provide proof of full vaccination. Also, CKF Inc. performs Criminal background checks on potential candidates, as a condition of employment.
Start Your Application