Welcome To Davey Tree - Applying For The Snow Plow Operator Position
Do you want to be a part of a family fun, detail and customer oriented team? Antler Services, a Davey Tree Company, is searching for an ON CALL snow plow operators for the upcoming winter season.
Start Your Application
This is an on call seasonal/contract position expected to last from mid November to April. There is potential to work throughout summer in Landscaping as well.
On-Site Parking and Store Discounts!
Antler Services Inc. a Davey Tree Company was locally owned and operated for over 40 years. We are now part of the Davey Tree organization providing service and knowledgeable insight to homeowners, businesses and larger industries. Whether it is design, construction, maintenance, or pest control, our customers and quality of work remain our main focus. We work tirelessly to ensure complete satisfaction and it is our ongoing mission to provide the best service and the best customer satisfaction possible.
- Respond promptly to calls for snow and ice events and available to communicate during and before/after shifts.
- Conduct pre-shift inspections and maintenance on all vehicles and equipment.
- Clear snow from customer sites from designated areas and pile snow in designated and approved locations only.
- Operate vehicles and equipment in a safe, responsible and efficient manner.
- Control ice accumulations at jobsites with the safe and responsible use of de-icing agents (salt, treated salt, liquids or other de-icing chemicals).
- Hand-shovel, snow blow or hand-treat site areas as required (walkways, doorways, fire equipment, etc).
- Operation of snow plow
- Accurately document site service records for each and every site visit.
- Submit paperwork and documentation promptly at the end of each shift and document and report any obstacles at site(s).
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times.
- Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations.
- Must be available 24hrs/day, 7 days/week at any time a snow or ice event occurs.
- Experience in the operation and use of a snow plow or skidsteer
- ‘G’ Class Drivers Licence with clean abstract
- Provide own warm winter clothing including CSA approved winter footwear
- Ability to follow safe working procedures.
- Excellent observation skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.