Welcome To Burnac Produce - Applying For The Procurement Assistant Position
Provide accurate and timely completion of responsibilities for the Category Management Team in accordance to achieve planned customer product programs and sustain business operations and growth; executes all duties in accordance with the company’s key performance indicators, business objectives, guiding values, policies and procedures
Duties and Responsibilities
Project and Task Management
- Process and create purchase orders, sales orders and I-trade orders in a timely manner, ensuring attention to detail. Report discrepancies to Category Management team as necessary.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports for including but not limited to; pricing, customer instruction, quality, inventory and transfers, vendor information, invoice and cost data
- Prepare and communicate loading schedules, ensuring to work closely with internal logistics team, ensure loading schedules are aligned with customer delivery schedules
- Provide support in the promotion and creation of programs for customers and assist in the communication of those programs to the sales teams
- Troubleshoot inventory discrepancies, research and resolve discrepancies in partnership with operating partners and Category Managers
- Prepare, update and manage category portion of support for Sales Team and communicate updates to category management team as required for; floor plans, transfers, inventory, etc.
- Prepare and keep records of the vendor payment process; compile payment package, track the information, ensure accuracy, maintain files and spreadsheets, communicate payment details to vendors, analyze the data and troubleshoot issues.
- Track, update and modify product data flow and payments to ensure no discrepancies in items or pricing and address changes in demand with the Category Management Team.
- Prepare research and ad hoc project work as required.
- Follow-up on outstanding items and issues and support buyers with correcting and tracking down discrepancies.
- Assists Co-worker with overflow work as necessary.
- Process and update Category Management team annual budget and forecasting tools.
- Execute all duties in accordance with the company’s key performance indicators, business objectives, guiding values, policies and procedures.
- Consistently and effectively communicate the company mission, initiatives and objectives to customers, vendors and internal teams through organized and scheduled conference calls, meetings and email communications as required by the business.
- Pro-actively communicate with colleagues and other departments as necessary to attain pertinent information and ensure deadlines are met.
- Provide updates for internal teams in key areas of the business which includes but is not limited to; sales reports, inventory reports and category watch outs.
- Ensure effective written and verbal communications via all channels including but not limited to reports, emails, calls, presentations, meetings, etc.
- Day-to-day management of obstacles within the position.
- Provide support for internal teams to assess root cause for concerns arising and/or currently existing within the product programs.
- Assist in the Collection of information regarding customer needs and adjust/ update category management team accordingly based on results provided in sales and budgets.
- Escalate complex issues and work with the Category Management Team to resolve.
- Aid in the planning, tracking, reporting and execution of planned customer product programs and procurement activities, ensuring program compliance, accurate date-tracking, procurement policies and guidelines are adhered to and deadlines are met.
- Prepare and complete documents, presentations, communication templates, program templates and reports for the category management team.
- Ensure timely completion and management of category deliverables by working with team and through personal time management.
- Stay up to date on pricing and products on hand and on route to ensure integrity of the procurement plan. Verify incoming loads upon receipt at warehouse.
- Work in partnership with all applicable departments to accomplish category objectives and work together to achieve these objectives specifically as it pertains to coordinating; product sourcing, product inventory, product quality, shipping/receiving, storage, pricing, floor-planning, claims, shrink prevention/management, program profitability, increased sales, customer support, customer satisfaction, shorts management, DSD programs, and reduced/managed overhead costs.
- Track and report vendors’ performance to category management to ensure the business can meet customer needs through consistent and effective vendor product quality, delivery, pricing, innovation etc.
- Ensures all data entry, verification, documents and reports are audited and error free in advance of submission or communication with internal or external parties.
- Apply knowledge of supply chain requirements and processes when creating, managing and processing tasks as required by the company.
- Understand the company’s categories and assigned categories specifically as it pertains to quality, supply chain requirements, product flow, inventory management, product shelf life/expiry, product sales potential, product sell through opportunities, and opportunities to leverage other category programs.
- Ensure seamless customer service while working with internal quality control department to preserve product integrity, reporting, consistency, as well as managing surplus, shrink or loss.
- Complete tasks in accordance with company policies, procedures and food safety regulations.
Maintain workplace health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
- Post-Secondary Education in Business, Supply Chain Management or Agriculture.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills and detail-oriented
- Expert excel and all Microsoft programs
- Solid interpersonal skills. Great communicator.
- Ability to work with tight timelines and under pressure
- Understanding of planning and pricing principals would be an asset
- Ability to work independently or as a team player
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends
Burnac Produce Limited is committed to employment equity and maintaining diversity in its workforce. Accommodations may be made available upon request during the recruitment process.
Start Your Application