Date Posted: 10/26/2022
Req ID: 28168
Faculty/Division: University of Toronto Scarborough
Campus: University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC)
The University of Toronto Scarborough is a place of energy, enthusiasm and passion. Our commitment to inclusive excellenceattracts the brightest learners, scholars and employees from around the globe. Our success has been made possible by theopportunity given to us by our Indigenous hosts to operate on their territory, and we cherish our continuing partnerships with thesecommunities. The University of Toronto Scarborough is an exciting campus with unlimited potential. Join us on our journey.
In the Facilities Management Department, we take pride in our buildings and grounds and provide a welcoming, service-orientated, clean and safe environment for our students, faculty and staff. Entry level of the Landscape Technician series, underdirect supervision performs standard landscape duties.
The following illustrative tasks indicate the level of skill required and the extent of the responsibility involved in this position. Theyin no way limit the incumbent to the tasks indicated. Flexibility of the employee to perform a wide variety of functions is necessaryin successfully fulfilling the requirements of this position. The degree to which each employee performs each of the following taskslisted below will vary according to where and when the employee is scheduled to work.
1. Trims, cuts and waters grass and flowers, rakes and collects leaves, lays sod; plants flowers, shrubs and trees; maintainssoft landscaping by aerating, weeding, cultivating, fertilizing, etc;
2. Drives and operates a variety of landscape and snow removal vehicles and equipment such as equipment used in treemaintenance, turf care, chainsaws, sod cutters, riding vacuums, snow maintenance vehicles, tractors (front and back endloaders) and skid steers;
3. Sets up vehicles and equipment for use, and performs simple adjustments;
4. Loads and unloads equipment onto vehicles;
5. Works on cleaning details using appropriate vehicles and equipment; includes the removal of graffiti, posters and abandonedor illegally locked bicycles;
6. Works on snow and ice removal details using appropriate vehicles and equipment;
7. Works on moving details using appropriate vehicles and equipment;
8. Maintain landscape irrigation and other landscape related systems; and
9. Provides instruction to Service Worker – Grounds staff in performing assigned tasks;
10. Other related duties as required.
The hours of work for this position are:
- Saturday to Sunday, from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
- Monday to Wedenesday, from 11:30 AM to 8:00 PM
Closing Date: 11/04/2022, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: Hourly
Appointment Type: Budget - Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone: Probationary Rate: $20.31/hr --Job Rate: $22.54/hr
Job Category: Facilities/Ancilliary Services