Welcome To Payroll Solutions International - Applying For The US Office Payroll Specialist Position
This position is from the office at 36 Cattano Ave #5th, Morristown, NJ 07960, USA and NOT remote
About Our Organization:
Payroll Solutions International Inc. (PSII) is an Employer Services provider specializing in global payroll processing, professional employment, benefits administration, pension administration and human resources consulting. We work in a deadline driven, high energy environment. Our business has built its foundation on outstanding customer service principles and being on the forefront of technology. The right candidate will be energetic, systematic and a passion for driving our organization forward. Visit our website for more information www.psii.global
PSII is looking for an energetic professional who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats for our new office in New Jersey. Experienced in handling payroll for different clients with the ability to perform a wide range of administrative support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible and enjoy the challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for preparing and maintaining multi-state multi-client payroll system including proper taxation, labor distribution and reporting. As well, is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, accounting, and customer payroll services.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Payroll Specialist Responsibilities:
- Interact with Client Representatives for support regarding pay issues such as amount paid, taxes, deductions, answering payroll questions, and enrollment, etc. as well as necessary to receive information, authorization, or confirmation to process payroll.
- Set-up and maintain prevailing wage, pension trust and workers compensation tables
- Process payrolls and calculate wages and deductions for clients across multi-state in compliance with federal, state and local wage and hour laws and company policies.
- Process payroll checks and prepare direct deposit file for bank; Prepare pay statements, invoices, and direct deposit register and validation of reports. Distribute pay stubs electronically to clients.
- Process special payroll requirements such as FMLA/STD leave compensation, sales, commissions, incentives, overtime, gross ups, etc.
- Process payroll taxes on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis and annually or on request
- Assist with benefits program and vendor relationships, including compliance with the applicable provisions of COBRA, HIPAA, and ERISA
- Review and ensure accuracy of all year-end statements including but not limited to: 941, 940, state forms and W2 statements
- Follow work instructions and work procedures to process payroll while ensuring employment standards are followed accurately in all states of service including state, province, territory or local requirements
- Working closely with our in-house development team to modify existing software features and rolling out new features for process improvement
- Respond to external agencies including any government or regulatory authority in conjunction with the in-country providers
- Understands the rules and regulations associated with payroll processing at the state and federal level
- Stay current with Payroll, compensation, and time off regulations / law changes.
- Assist in legal documents and reports, and registrations of companies
- Prepare government registrations
- Act as an agent for the foreign companies
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized in coordination with Head Office, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring contracts are abided by, and that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Manage executives' schedules, calendars and appointments
- Establish a historical reference for the office by outlining procedures for protection, retention, record disposal, retrieval and staff transfers
- Follow the Company Code of Business Ethics and Conduct
- Uphold the company's non-disclosure and confidentiality policies and agreements
- Prepare ad hoc financial and analytical reports to provide data to management team
- Assist the accounting team with customer reconciliations; Reconciles payroll to the general ledger and monthly bank statements
- Audit support (internal and external auditors)
- Follow weekly and monthly work schedules.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet required.
- Knowledge of CRM and sophisticated payroll systems an asset
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Able to deal with confidential information with a high degree of diplomacy
- Strong team player, capable of performing in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check
Education & Experience
- Diploma in Business or Accounting will be considered an asset
- Completion of CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) or FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification), or working towards completion
- Must have experience with prevailing wage, pension trust and workers compensation tables
- 3 years’ experience in a payroll administrative function required
- Experience with Year End Preparation such as not limited to: 941, 940, state forms and W2 statements
PSII work environment typically involves working in an office and regular hours.
In addition to base salary, Payroll Solutions offers competitive benefits.
Start Your Application