The FSQ Technician is responsible for the administration of Food Safety Quality functions as they relate to raw material and finished product testing to achieve customer product specifications inclusive of routine microbiological testing and results analysis and general administrative duties.
Position type: Hourly; based on skills, evaluation, and experience
Environment: Meat Production/Processing
Regular Hours: 8 hours per day. Working hours between 7:30 AM – 12:00 AM. Weekend days may be required. Hours may vary as per workload. Overtime paid as per labour regulations
Accountabilities and Detailed Activity
Quality Assurance Testing & Inspections
• Conduct routine microbiological testing, sending samples out to accredited labs.
• Conduct environmental swabbing (routine and Listeria) on plant equipment.
• Weekly review of quality checks by manager.
• Perform pre-operational and operational inspections.
Quality Assurance Compliance
• Monitor the plant for GMPs, SOPs, personal hygiene, product handling for temperatures (raw materials, in process, or finished), storage, rotation, weights, shapes and other product specifications, as well as HACCP requirements.
• Daily sign off on HACCP prerequisite and CCP documentation, monthly onsite observations.
• Identifying quality and food safety deficiencies in timely manner.
• Review incoming and outbound paperwork for accuracy and compliance.
Training & Coaching
• Train other staff in GMPs/SOPs as required.
• Provide additional support to staff members who may have additional training requests or requirements.
• Monitor team performance to ensure GMPs/SOPs are being followed as required and identify gaps in training.
Policies & GMPs
• Ensure SOP(s) and processes on the floor are up to date.
• Adhere to Sierra company policies, GMPS, HACCP, and Occupational Health & Safety Guidelines.
Education and/or Professional Designation:
• Food Science or equivalent degree preferred.
• BSc. Degree in a food related field of study.
• Minimum 1 year experience in a food production environment.
• Meat processing experience is an asset.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
• Fluent in English.
• Computer literacy: intermediate level spreadsheets, word processing, statistics, and internet.
• Good mathematical skillsStart Your Application