Welcome To ADL - Applying For The Administrative Assistant Position
Administrative Assistant – Permanent - Full Time
Amalgamated Dairies Limited - Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer-owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953, ADL is one of the largest food processors in PEI, with markets across Canada and globally. The company is searching for a thorough, proficient, highly motivated administrative assistant to support the Chief Executive Officer. If you enjoy being busy and like to be part of a growing organization, we have an excellent opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Administrative Assistant plays a vital role in providing a comprehensive range of administrative support services to the CEO and other members of the Senior Leadership Team. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The objective of the role is to help optimize the executive's use of time by overseeing administrative deliverables with timely, accurate, and coordinated support.
Salary: Starting salary for this position is $38,000.00
It includes a comprehensive benefits package including a co-pay health and dental benefits plan, life and disability insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and a matching pension program.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage the executive calendar with attention to detail, accuracy, and appropriate time allocation based on identified priorities
- Act as the gatekeeper for all external and internal contacts by protecting identified periods for office duties, resolving conflicts that arise in scheduling commitments, coordinating travel arrangements, and preparing travel claims.
- Ensure matters requiring attention in the absence of the CEO are referred to the delegated authority or handled to minimize the impact of his absence.
- Produce and format information for internal and external distribution. The task includes inputting, editing, proofreading, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, charts, and graphics into formats such as letters, memos, reports, and presentations.
- Screen incoming calls, open and sort mails (paper and electronic), draft responses to correspondence, and redirect to other leadership for action, if required, while exercising discretion and utmost confidentiality.
- Ensure information requested for key stakeholders' distribution has been thoroughly reviewed, proofread, and vetted through the appropriate channels before circulation, exercising excellent communication skills.
- Ensure maintenance of administrative and electronic files, permitting effective information retrieval.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a recognized post-secondary program of secretarial/office studies/business.
- Considerable years of similar administrative assistant experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other related computer software.
- A high degree of proficiency with English composition.
- Effective organization, time management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills and judgement.
- Exercises sound judgment, tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality in establishing and maintaining positive relations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work proficiently under a demanding workload.
Interested candidates should submit their application by completing our Talent Sorter questionnaire here or at https://bit.ly/3EcGHwr
Competition ends November 28, 2022 at 12:00PM
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Start Your Application