Welcome To 519 442-9223 - Applying For The Equipment Operator Position
Operate equipment and tools for landscape construction projects (ie. quickcut, plate compactor, jack hammer, table saw, mitre saw, drills, surveying and layout tools) and maintenance contracts (ie. lawn mower, string trimmer, hedge trimmer, blower, chainsaw). Perform preventative maintenance tasks on equipment and conduct pre-operational checks.
Kerr and Kerr Landscaping is a growing, team-oriented professional landscaping and hardscaping company. We are passionate about the service we provide and take pride in the projects we complete.
This role is a permanent, full time, Heavy Equipment Operator. You’ll be working on a variety of job sites on heavy equipment such as excavators, loaders, and skid steers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Safely operate heavy construction equipment to perform excavation or site services work.
- includes planting and hardscape installation and grading
- Conduct daily equipment inspection and report any repair issues immediately.
- Maintain a clean site and organization of materials.
- Accurately document (manually and/or electronically) site service records for each site including times, services performed, weather conditions etc.
- Submit paperwork and documentation (electronically and/or manually) promptly at the end of each shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned including assisting labourers when necessary.
We are looking for:
- You have a minimum of 3-year experience operating heavy equipment.
- You treat the equipment with respect and safety is important to you.
- You know how to keep the equipment clean and a jobsite safe for all.
- You are dependable. You show up daily, on time, and ready to work.
- You like working within a team.
- You are a hard working, detailed individual, and will do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You like the outdoors and are not afraid of the hot summer sun or the cold winter winds.
- You have great time management skills.
- You take pride in your work.
- You like challenges and solving problems.
- You have strong communication skills and can navigate a smartphone to submit work related documents.
- You have a valid G Ontario Driver's License with a clean abstract
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be safety minded
- Treat customers and coworkers with respect
- 10 hour shift, 7:00am-5:00pm Monday to Friday
- Some Saturdays
NOTE: This position is outdoors with hours that will vary depending on the weather.
Salary: $25-$30 Per hour. Benefits and Pension offered.
Start Your Application