now Walk Crew Team Leader (stand on equipment provided to clear & apply salt for the main walks. Only hand work is where the machines can't reach)
This job requires connecting with people quickly in an outgoing, friendly manner. The use of persuasive communication skills to gain the interest and involvement of others in the work process is an important aspect of the job. An extreme sense of urgency is needed, combined with getting work done in complete, accurate detail and in accordance with company standards and policies. The motivation for this position comes from a strong sense of duty and a feeling of responsibility for completing work both quickly and correctly. A faster than average work pace is necessary combined with impatience for results. Follow-up of delegated work must be very thorough. Decision making will be done with the ideas and advice of others, but always carefully and cautiously within the guidelines of established company policy. Selling ideas to others and the ability to train, teach and motivate a team are strong aspects of this position. Change is an ongoing occurrence of this job and will be approached conservatively and with the support and guidance of management.
We are a family owned and operated business based in Durham Region with 55 years of experience. We offer year round positions, health benefits available, periodic appreciation BBQ's, online and in person training as well as safety training -- as safety is key and very important to us.
We are looking to add Team Leader to our team! Must be energetic, wanting to work, adaptable, great communicator and Team motivator.
Description of Duties:
- Lead a crew as well as individually when needed, with little to no supervision.
- When the job requires delegation, a thorough, but pleasant follow-up will be required. Will be a friendly and responsive team leader with a strong sense of duty
- Must have a strong work ethic, leadership and positive attitude.
- Able to run a stand behind, snow blower, shovel snow from doorways and stairs
- Pay close attention to details
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Handle repetitive duties for extended periods of time
Skills and Requirements:
- Valid G driver's license
- Knowledge/Expertise of snow blowers and deicing materials
- Knowledge/Expertise of stand behind equipment
- Have their own transportation (yard not located near public transit)
- Reliable and Motivated
- Enjoy working outdoors under various weather conditions including snow, rain, freezing rain, etc.
Applicants must be available on-call to work 24/7 meaning you may be called out at any time day or night as this position is weather dependent. You may be required to report to work within 1 hours’ notice although we try to give you as much notice as possible.
Wages starting at 26.00 to 30.00 per hour depending on experience *Details to be discussed at time of hire*
Winter bonus paid out at end of April $2.00 per hour for every hour worked on snow shifts without missed shifts, damage to property or machines,"
This can lead to a full-time position in our Company on the Grounds Maintenance Team.
Sound like the right position for you?
Ready to start your career? Email in your resume to apply!
Please note; once your resume is received, if you qualify for the position you will be sent a Pre-Interview Questionnaire to be filled out and emailed back.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
Salary: $26.00-$30.00 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
· Minimum 5 years' experience as a Team Lead
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in the snow removal field
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in stand behind equipment