Welcome To Support Ontario Youth - Applying For The Maintenance Technician - North York Position
Maintenance Technician Opportunity in the North York
Responsible for ensuring that the facilities, layout and machinery used to produce new and existing materials and goods run to their maximum efficiency and output. This includes assisting with the total preventative maintenance, managing breakdowns of mechanical, electrical and other equipment.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Support the Maintenance function by providing both a reactive and pro-active, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure. Responsible for carrying out the timely completion of work. Increase the plant operational effectiveness, improve on project delivery, and reduce down time, and implement improvement plans. Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
Key Responsibilities and Day-to-Day activities:
General and Task Management
- Diagnose any maintenance issues to be resolved on each shift and small projects
- Adhere to daily and weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of
- Carry out the Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities
- Ensure compliance of Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, Food Safety and all other Company policies and
- Participate as needed with the JHSC.
- Perform both internal and external work(s) maximizing planned down time and reducing unplanned
- Optimize equipment according to standard procedure, enhancing performance and product quality, ensuring the achievement of all KPIs.
- Ensure routine calibration and maintenance requirements of a variety of electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems are
- Ensure that designated buildings, plant and facilities are fit for purpose and to provide proactive support/solutions when
- Provide technical expertise to the team
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required.
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact.
- Manage maintenance logs and reports for all plant’s equipment and systems (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annually).
- Manage contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements.
- Prequalifying suppliers and external service providers. Analyzing market of external service providers and preparing requests for Quotation. Coordinating search and due diligence activities in prospective service suppliers. Receiving and evaluating quotation and negotiating with service providers.
- Establishing and maintaining standards of service provider’s quality, establishing and enforcing insurance and bonding requirement to service providers.
- Work collaboratively with the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimize results and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements delivery in line with Company and Customer requirements.
- Develop, maintain and communicate strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, customers, suppliers and other service providers to ensure optimal
- Ensure an effective interface with other departmental staff is
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, Food Safety and all other Company policies and
- Proactively contribute to supporting a good team
- Anticipates and overcomes
- Confident, rounded
- Is resilient, optimistic and open to
- Focused and target driven with a positive, can-do
- Post-secondary education in an electrical or mechanical program with a licensed trade designation preferred.
- Dual ticket preferred
- 3-5 years electrical experience
- Refrigeration experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a unionized manufacturing environment.
- Experience maintaining preventative and predictive maintenance programs.
- Effective leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in an environment of changing priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Flexible and able to work overtime and be on-call and must have or establish residence within 30-40 minutes of our plant.
A competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.
Start Your Application