Welcome To parklane landscapes - Applying For The Landscape Construction Crew Lead Position
Landscape Construction Crew Lead
Who Are We: We are Parklane Landscapes. We believe in connecting people with their natural environment. That we should leave every place we touch better than the way we found it and enrich lives with nature’s beauty. We believe that we should stand behind all our work knowing that the benefits of our landscapes far exceed the enjoyment of any one property owner. We are a full-service landscape company focusing on sustainable residential landscaping, servicing Lake Simcoe and the surrounding area. We are hikers, campers, artists, bikers, animal lovers, tattoo enthusiasts, writers, and crafters. We are family people, single people, and happy people. You will find friends here and right now we are looking for our next awesome Crew lead. Is it you?
Role: Landscape Construction Crew Lead
What we look for in our Crew Leads: you are an integral part of our team. You will work closely with our Foreperson and our project manager to bring our designs to life. You are passionate about providing superior service and quality workmanship to all our clients. You are aligned with our mission and values and take pride in your role of leading and training others on their team. You love what they do and enjoy collaborating with others on the team. You work safely for yourself, your team, and our clients. You are trustworthy, keen to improve their skills as well as mentor others to do the same.
Reports to: Foreperson and Project Manager
Works daily with: Foreperson, Team Members
Necessary Skills and qualifications for this role
- Solid Understanding of professional landscape construction practices (2-5 years’ experience preferred)
- Ability to lead others with respect teach and mentor with patience, achieving positive outcomes
- Clear and organized communication skills (English)
- Ability to read and interpret landscape drawings
- G or higher license with clean abstract
- Valid first Aid and CPR
Hours of work and operation Monday to Friday April through November
Benefits, No weekend work, Paid training and development, Bonus/profit sharing,
Free uniforms, Health benefits after one-year, Monthly team BBQs
The best co-workers anyone could ask for
Responsibilities of Our Landscape Lead Hand
- Leads and performs all aspects of landscape construction necessary for each unique site at the required pace in a collaborative and engaging way. Paying close attention to client’s needs, comments, and concerns.
- Leads the loading and unloading of tools, equipment, and any needed materials in an organized efficient and effective way
- Leading others by example with consistent and diligent attention to all company policies and H&S practices.
- Consistent attention to detail and quality control, unsure all team members are properly trained on building techniques and standards.
- Continuous improvement of skills and interest in learning new things as well as engaging team members to do the same.
- Proactively works with all team members to understand daily and weekly goals and communicates with the foreperson in a timely manner regarding scheduling/allocating all company resources.
- Reliable and dependable, showing up every day with the right tools and attitude to perform all tasks to the best of your ability.
Results we see from a Great Landscape Lead Hand
- The team operates efficiently, and jobs are completed on time. Everyone works together well displaying a profession look to all clients and pedestrians.
- Yard inventory is stocked. Tools, equipment, trucks, and trailers are clean well organized and there is minimal down time.
- An energetic and engaged team that work safely with all necessary PPE. Team members working together to keep safety top of mind and eliminate injuries and near misses.
- All jobs are fully completed with zero quality related call backs. Clients are left feeling well cared for and appreciated and eager to refer us. Team members are continuously becoming more useful and capable as part of the team and independently.
- An engaged and interested team player that finds joy and satisfaction from diversifying their role within the company.
- Team members feel supported and included, job site efficiency is high due to excellent and consistent communication with foreperson, everyone works together to share resources.
Schedules are kept and jobs are not interrupted by absenteeism. Clients know they can rely on us to follow through on our work commitments.
Start Your Application