Welcome To parklane landscapes - Applying For The Ongoing Garden Care Technician Position
On Going Garden Care Technician
Who Are We: We are Parklane Landscapes. We believe in connecting people with their natural environment. We work to leave every place we touch better than the way we found it and enrich lives with nature’s beauty. We believe that we should stand behind all our work knowing that the benefits of our landscapes far exceed the enjoyment of any one property owner. We are a full-service landscape company focusing on sustainable residential landscaping, servicing Lake Simcoe and surrounding area. We are hikers, campers, artists, bikers, animal lovers, tattoo enthusiasts, writers, and crafters. We are family people, single people, and happy people. You will find friends here, and right now we are looking for our next awesome On Going Garden Care Technician. Is it you?
Role: On Going Garden Care Technician
What we look for in our Garden Care Technicians: In this important role you are focused on the evolution of all our client gardens. You preemptively address all our clients’ unique garden needs, paying close attention to plant shrub and tree health, as well as all hardscaping aspects. You will work closely with our OGC lead to ensure we provide a high level of service and quality work. You are eager to learn and grow your skills and capabilities. You are aligned with our mission and embody the “4 P’s” of Parklane- People, Planet, Passion and Performance. You love what they do and enjoy collaborating with others on the team. You work safely for yourself, your team, and our clients. You are trustworthy, reliable, and willing to dig in and get dirty.
Reports to: OGC lead or Foreperson
Works daily with: Lead Hand, Other Team Members.
Necessary Skills and qualifications for this roll
- Ability to take initiative and follow direction
- A love for working in the great outdoors and all it has to offer.
- Comfortable with gas powered tools and hand tools required for garden work and construction work
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt to change.
- G-2 or higher license with clean abstract
- Valid first Aid and CPR
Responsibilities of Our OGC Technicians
- Consistent and responsible attention to all company policies and H&S practices.
- Willing to work and assist all team members on all daily tasks on and off site.
- Pay close attention to the detail and quality of all work performed. Listen and follow instructions of lead.
- Collaborate and engage with all team members during loading and unloading of daily tools, equipment, and materials in an organized, efficient, and effective way.
- Be engaged in understanding the full scope of every job and what the daily flow of work will be, setting goals with the team on efficiency and productivity.
- Continuous improvement of skills and interest in learning new things as well as engaging team members to do the same.
- Reliable and dependable, showing up every day with the right tools and attitude to perform all tasks to the best of your ability. Contribute in a positive way to the team environment and moral.
Results We See from a Great Landscape Technician
- An energetic and engaged individual that works safely with all necessary PPE. Working with all team members to keep safety top of mind and eliminate injuries and near misses.
- Great team collaboration, getting work done in a fun and fulfilling way.
- All jobs are fully completed with zero quality related call backs. Clients are left feeling “wowed” by the team engagement and are eager to refer us.
- Yard inventory is stocked. Tools, equipment, trucks, and trailers are clean, well-organized and there is minimal down time.
- Daily and weekly goals are met, and lead hands are eager to enlist you for more independent or skillful work
- An engaged and interested team player that finds joy and satisfaction from learning and diversifying their role within the company.
- Schedules are kept, and jobs are not interrupted by absenteeism. Team members feel supported by one another and enjoy coming to work.
Hours of work and operation Monday to Friday April through November
No weekend work Paid training and development Bonus/profit sharing
Free uniforms Health benefits after one-year Monthly team building BBQsThe best co-workers anyone could ask for
Start Your Application