Welcome To Bronte Construction - Applying For The Assistant Store Manager Position
Van Beeks Landscape is a well-known hardscape garden supply center that has been successfully servicing the Greater Toronto Area for over 60 years. We pride ourselves in maintaining excellent customer service standards and providing quality products to various types of customers.
Are you passionate about the landscape industry? Do you love to work around landscape supply materials? Come join our team! We are looking for an Assistant Store Manager who can lead a team of diverse individuals in a fast-paced work environment. The ideal candidate will be experienced in retail sales, store management, a customer service background and knowledge of landscape and landscape materials would be an asset.
Position Overview: The Assistant Store Manager helps to lead the team at Van Beek's and assumes responsibility for key day-to-day operations. They will be involved in a variety of areas, including training new employees, customer service, opening/closing store, and will assist with the management of staff members in the office as well as outside in the yard. This role requires the Assistant Store Manager to work actively on the sales floor to oversee all activities carried out by staff and to follow direction from the Manager to complete daily and weekly goals.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the implementation, amending, updating and training of all office procedures.
- Provides professional customer service either in-person or over the phone including; interacting with the public (homeowners/contractors), supervisors and fellow employees. Managing customer complaints, providing guidance to customers.
- Ensure all sales quotes are accurate and provide accurate pricing. Verify that all CRS's content is accurate.
- Creating work schedules, onboarding/offboarding of staff, dealing with employee relations, disciplinary actions, assisting with recruitment activities.
- Assist with the training of employees, coaching.
- Answer phone calls, processing order, creating and editing invoices, liaise with suppliers as needed, processing payments.
- Supervising office staff.
- General office duties as required.
- Scheduling deliveries and overseeing drivers.
- Taking orders, creating and editing invoices.
- Managing accounts receivable and processing payments.
- Building client relationships.
- Assist with weekly payroll.
We are seeking candidates with the following attributes:
- Management of employees and daily operations of a retail store.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, cross-functional work environment
- Good conflict resolution skills, ability to effectively deal with customer and employee complaints or concerns.
- Excellent computer skills including experience with NetSuite ERP system would be an asset.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in highly demanding and time-sensitive situations.
- Excellent organizational skills and experience with filing systems.
- Professional demeanor.
- An eagerness to learn and adapt in a constantly changing business.
- Knowledge of the Landscaping/Garden Supply industry (an asset).
- Must be able to work Saturdays.
- 1+ year store manager or co-assistant manager, Retail Sales.
- Landscape experience, an asset.
- Customer service industry.
- Strong merchandising skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including days, Saturdays.
- NetSuite knowledge, is an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Start Your Application