Welcome To Dutra Landscape - Applying For The Lead Hand - Landscape Construction Position
As a Lead Hand at Dutra Landscape you're a key, hands-on part of our Project Installation process.
You enjoy being a part of a team atmosphere where efficiency, hard work and doing things right to get customer satisfaction, which in turn creates a fun rewarding job experience for the whole team
You prefer to be outside, rather than indoors, and accept working in some weather nature brings us from time to time.
You are eager to continually learn and grow into a career at Dutra Landscape.
This role requires competent knowledge of all daily operations, including driving company vehicles and operating all machinery. Lead hands must work as experienced team players in a ‘hardscape’ landscape construction environment with a broad set of trades knowledge and problem solving skills.
About Dutra Landscape & Pools
Dutra Landscape and Pools began 25 years ago, when two brothers set out to build the best landscape & pool company in the Hamilton, GTA region. Starting the business from the ground floor, the Dutra brothers pulled together the equipment and the teamwork needed to execute their collaborative landscape & pool visions. As their reputation grew, so did
their business and their great team. Although they have grown, they are unique as they continue to keep a “family” team mentality. Dutra Landscape has created a remarkable, high performing, reputable operation that still puts their great team, customers and quality first.
Though the company has a wide-reaching portfolio in all types of landscape design, the bulk of Dutra Landscape and Pools projects are pool landscape (PoolScape) design and installation.
“Dutra Landscape seeks to offer a strong yet simple platform, through which our customers can bring their landscape visions to life, as we coordinate the entire project from design phase to final walkthrough. We accomplish this by partnering with the right people, and implementing the right tools to improve our procedures, develop our abilities, and expand our services.”
What we offer
- Highly competitive hourly rates from $26/hour to $32/hour
- The ability to grow and develop professional skills
- Support you in increasing your knowledge and qualifications
- Working with the great team
- Work-life balance and lots of team building activities
- Trust, honest and respect
Job Requirements - Hard Skills
- Execute as part of a team, all steps involved in hardscape projects. These steps include but are not limited to:
- Work alongside jobsite Foreman and Project Manager to understand landscape design plans and instruction (both written and verbal)
- Understand complete project goals and visions, and Independently outline ordered steps to complete projects
- Excavate, prepare base, grade / screed, transfer materials and stone, and install complete landscape designs to a high professional standard
- Safely operate all jobsite machinery as needed
- Use company funds to purchase and deliver materials, tracking and replenishing on-the-job stock as instructed
- Safely secure all materials / equipment onto company trucks and trailers for transfer
- Complete daily vehicle inspections and drive vehicles and trailers to and from jobsite,
Job Requirements - Interpersonal
- Consistently utilize Google calendar to keep track of job schedule
- Track and submit daily tasks and working hours as specified
- Use strong judgment and professional maturity on behalf of the company when operating in high stress situations
- Commitment to jobsite safety and protocols
- Mentor Crew Members and with on the job training
- Excellent team player who is able to set and deliver goals and timeliness
- A strong commitment to delivering quality work
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent abilities to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong time management skills
- Eagerness to learn and understand new trade tactics
- Willingness to work long hours when needed to get the job done
- Friendly and professional demeanor when interacting with customers and co-workers
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- A minimum of 2+ years in landscape/hardscape construction experience
- G Level license with access to reliable vehicle
- Experience driving pickup trucks and larger vehicles (truck and trailer)
- Comfortable working with email, and able to utilize shared calendars (Google Suite)
Nice to haves
- Landscape educational background or equivalent experience
- Experience operating landscape machinery Mini-Excavator, Skidsteer, Toro-Dingo etc.
Environment, Travel & Work Requirements
- The environment for this role is outdoor, and based at various job sites around Hamilton Oakville region
- Must be willing to commute as needed
- In good physical shape, able to complete the job requirements
- Consistently able to arrive at jobsite during ‘regular’ (early) construction hours
Start Your Application