Welcome To Michael Scott Landscaping & Design - Applying For The Pool Installer / Foreperson Position
POOL INSTALLER/ FOREPERSON POSITION
Reports to: General Manager, President, Construction Foreperson
Works Daily with: Construction Foreperson, Lead Hand, Team Members
The Pool Installer Forepersons’ Role: Our Pool Installer Forepersons collaborate well with the team to ensure that our pool installation services are delivered efficiently, effectively and to our standard of detailed attention. They coordinate the team, the tools/equipment and materials they use. Our Pool Installer is trusted by their team, works and directs others fairly, safely and clearly and is an excellent client service ambassador. They excel at carefully adhering to pool industry installation and company standards. They are eager to continually improve and are willing and capable to mentor and inspire others to hone their technical skills.
The Pool Installer Forepersons’ Responsibilities Are:
- Proactive and diligent attention to policies, safety/PPE compliance and equipment care and ensures the same diligence and care from team members.
- Accurate tracking of daily activities of self and team using the LMN platform or as required.
- Proactive and clear communication of the daily scope/tasks with team, office, customers and estimator (when req’d) in a fast-paced environment.
- Sets an efficient /effective workflow and schedule for people and equipment to ensure delivery on scope, budget and quality.
- Deploys craftsman-like talent to install fiberglass and/of Vinyl pools, complete with proficient knowledge of pool equipment, plumbing requirements and installation.
- Effectively manages resources: load/unload, daily preparedness, fuel, tools, equipment/service reporting.
- Uses the Checklist for Project Set up, Execution and Closeout to ensure details are properly covered. (Appendix A)
- Installer will also be responsible for completing other landscape project tasks commensurate with the industry. Such as Pavers, retaining wall, gardens, setting grade, plant material install among many others. Experience in these categories is an asset.
The Results We See From A Great Pool Installer Foreperson:
- An engaged, properly trained, safe working team with excellent attendance rates, pace, care of equipment and quality workmanship.
- Timely and accurate flow of information between clients, staff and the office so that invoicing, payables and payroll are correct.
- Team is fully equipped to succeed: Task info, attention to detail, required pace, customer clarity, required materials are at hand.
- Pool projects are delivered on the budgeted targets, with an absence of quality related call-backs.
- Team members show up, are eager to learn broader and deeper skills, and respond well to the Forepersons leadership.
- Yard inventory, tools and equipment, trucks/trailers are well organized and kept tidy with minimal down-time.
- A team player who continually adds competencies and/or seeks to diversify his/her role within the company.
- Solid communication skills – verbal, written, cloud based, app/ desktop, smart phone applications (English
- 3-5 years experience with specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete fiberglass and/or vinyl pool installs. Larger landscape construction knowledge an asset.
- Proven team leadership ability from previous work experience
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications, interpreting those details into efficient tasks
- A clean drivers’ abstract with D Licence. Class A (R) plus Z is an asset. Ability to tow and back up truck and trailer
- Valid First Aid, WHMIS & OH&S Certificate an asset.
Pool Installer Forepersons’ Required Skills:
- Professional level of pool installation management skills, and equipment proficiency (skidsteer, loader, laser level/zip level, power saws, excavator etc)
- Professional level skills working with and installing pools with the required materials and processes.
- Proven ability to self-organize, thinking proactively and ahead of the pace.
- Proven ability and talent to teach and mentor others with patience, achieving positive outcomes.
- Ability and willingness to learn and to be adaptable.
- Ability to safely and carefully operate all equipment as required and effectively train others to do the same.
The Pool Installer Forepersons’ Personal Traits:
- Passionate about working outside and building quality landscapes
- Confident, proactive and a natural problem solver
- Enjoys the challenge of learning new skills, leading and mentoring others
- Respectful (to others, of policies, with equipment)
- Enjoys an active lifestyle and being physically fit
Hours of Work / Work Conditions:
- April through November: Mon-Fri 7am – 5:30pm (50+ Hrs/week)
- Requires good manual dexterity, excellent fitness and stamina (for the duration of each shift/week)
- Able to move around on uneven ground, kneel, crouch, bend, reach, lift and carry for prolonged periods throughout the day
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, heavy equipment, and materials
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
- Willing and available to work out-of-town if required
Equipment Operation / Tool Competency List
Specific tools include:
Excavator (mini and medium), Skidsteer/Bobcat, Articulating Loader
Various gas powered hand tools (Quick cut/chain saws, plate tampers, blower etc),
Zip Level / Laser Transit, grading tools
All landscape related hand tools
Our Core Values are:
Good Attitude – personal fulfillment, humour, tolerance, adaptability and respect
Professionalism – perception, customer relations
Excellence – workmanship, clean site, skill development etc.
Satisfaction – customer wholly satisfied, work to be proud of
Progress – Innovation, new markets, change with trends
Our business is built on respect and we strive to support the dignity of our employees, customers, vendors and other stakeholders. We are only successful when our customers receive the highest quality service and our employees have opportunities to achieve their goals and use their potential.
Salary & Benefits
Start Your Application
- $29.00-$40+ per hour
- Overtime Paid after 44 hours
- No Weekend Work
- Paid Training and Development
- Bonus Pay
- RSP Match Program & Health Benefits after three-month review